Super Foods & Sprouting
Don’t forget to check out our sprouting products on the
Healthy Lifestyle Household Necessities page!
Experts say dozens of easy-to-find ‘superfoods’ can help ward off heart disease, cancer, cholesterol, and more. Superfoods are a special category of foods found in nature. By definition they are calorie sparse and nutrient dense meaning they pack a lot of punch for their weight as far as goodness goes. They are superior sources of anti-oxidants and essential nutrients – nutrients we need but cannot make ourselves (vitamins, minerals, essential fatty acids, trace minerals, and more!).
We carry a wide range of Super Foods from several different companies – here’s a few exciting new additions:
Full Spectrum Amla by Organic Traditions
- High power antioxidant due to the profile of polyphenols, gallic acid, and the uniquely bound,
- Highly potent vitmain C-complex with flavonoids (high resistance to heat and acidity)
- Great for skin and hair (hair growth) – best skin herb according to Ayurveda
- Anti-inflammatory, and Liver-protective/cleansing
- The ideal cardiovascular protective herb – reduces oxidative damage, controls lipid and blood sugar levels, improves platelet function, and lowers blood pressure.*
We carry a wide range of Super Foods (High in AntiOxidants) from the following companies:
- Bob’s Red Mill
- Dynamic Health
- Genesis Today
- Manitoba Harvest
- Mum’s Original
- Natural Factors
- Organic Traditions
- Prairie Naturals
We also carry sprouting systems and seeds for sprouting from A.Vogel’s bioSnacky. Did you know that many organic and non-irradiated grains and seeds are sproutable too? We have several sproutable grains and seeds throughout the store!
Check out our Sprouting Section in the household necessities page!
Full Spectrum Cinnamon by Organic Traditions
- The polyphenolic polymers found in cinnamon may function as antioxidants, potentiate insulin action, and may be beneficial in the control of glucose intolerance and diabetes.
- Cinnamon also induces satiety (the feeling of being full) which inhibits over-consumption.
- Cinnamon polyphenols have been found to activate our cells’ glucose detection systems, enabling them to support healthy blood glucose.
Full Spectrum Holy Basil by Organic Traditions
- Compounds isolated from an extract of holy basil leaves were shown to normalize hyperglycemia, plasma cortisol levels, and adrenal hypertrophy
- Clinical trials in humans have also shown the benefits of holy basil extract for improving immune function, decreasing stress and depression associated with anxiety: “subjects showed decreased stress and depression, improved attention, and an increased ability to adapt to changes”