Hungry for knowledge? Come in for a fun and informative Store Nutrition Tour any time! There’s no need to book an appointment; we have knowledgeable friendly staff in all day, everyday. Our store tours can be hosted by a member of the Organic Grocer Nutrition & Supplementation Team, but can also be facilitated by any of our grocery staff. During your tour you will learn how to choose healthy and delicious foods no matter what your unique dietary needs are.
Have you been prescribed a specific or restrictive diet? Bring your lists to the store – we’ll help you find food options that adhere to your doctor’s orders, are easy on the wallet, and are enticing too – all you need is a sense of adventure and a willingness to try something new!
Curious about your Condition? Click Here then click on Conditions & Allergies under the Health Encyclopedia Tool on the left hand side of the page
Curious how your drugs interact with your herbals or supplements? Click Here
Curious which nutrients your medications deplete in your body? Click Here
Curious which nutrients your herbals deplete? Click Here
Come in today!
We have friendly, experienced staff members with specific knowledge in various areas.
You’ve got options for your store tour:
Lisa Ayres: Gluten Free & Allergy Expert
Registered Holistic Nutritionist
Rehana Ali: Halal Expert
Digestive Care Expert, Hindi & Punjabi Speaking
Jessica: Grocery Expert
Linda Holley: Vegan & Vegetarian Diet Expert
Herbalist & Vitamin Manager
Parminder: Punjabi & Hindi Speaking
Vitamin Consultant, Doctor of Chiropractics
Leslie 1: Vegetarian Diets & Skin Care
Customer Service Consultant
- Organic Meats, Fish & Alternatives
- Organic Dairy (& Dairy Alternatives)
- Gluten (& Wheat) free
- Organic Produce
- Baby (& Child) Food
- Healthy Lifestyle Supplementation
- Baked Goods
- Frozen Foods (including Meat Alternatives)
- Body & Personal Care Products
– Face & Skin Care (Lotions)
– Hair Care (Shampoos)
– Baby (& Child) Care
– Dental Care
– Deodorants & Shaving Needs
– Soaps & Body Washes
– Feminine Hygiene
– Coffees & Teas
- Environmentally Friendly Cleaning Products
- Healthy Lifestyle Household Necessities
(for Santevia, Sprouting equipment, yogurt makers, etc.)
We ask the hard questions before we bring a product in so you don’t have to!
We’re always looking for ecological consciousness; when we consider new products for our store we feel it is pertinent to ask some pretty provocative questions that get everybody thinking:
– Is it organic? If not, is the product wild harvested or crafted or – as is true of many of our products – is the product organically grown but not yet certified?
– Does the company operate with a social consciousness? Do they pay fair wages, and trade fairly? – How does the company’s actions affect the environment they operate in and harvest from? What kind of environmental support does the company participate in?
– Does the company participate in the Non-GMO Project or a similar code of ethics?
– Does the company follow good manufacturing practices?
– Is the product third party tested and, if so, who does the testing?
– What is the country of origin of the product’s ingredients? If the product comes from abroad – what are the conditions in the origin country? Can we source a high quality local alternative?
– Is the product an animal product? If so – what were the animal’s living conditions? Do the farms the company sources from use ethical practices? Do they adhere to a code of ethics? Do they meet the SPCA’s standards for animal welfare?
– What kind of packaging does the company use? Is the packaging recyclable? Are the packages made from post consumer recycled materials? Is the packaging biodegradable? Why did the company choose the packaging they did (perhaps the only source of glass is in China right now, so they choose a local BPA-free plastic supplier instead.)
With these questions in mind, and with a keen eye for quality ingredients, we’re finding some pretty spectacular companies we feel proud to carry in our store. We’re excited to share them all with our community.
Organic Grocer’s Price Match Guarantee:
We will match the advertised purchase price of any competitor for an identical product*.