A combination of good nutrition, exercise, and multivitamin supplementation will replace nutrients lost by stressors and give your body what it needs for optimal health. Let’s face it- staying healthy today requires an action plan because every day our bodies face challenges due to:
- Processed and fatty food
At one time, we only took multivitamins to treat deficiency. Now they are recognized as an important means of achieving and maintaining good health. When taken to support a balanced diet and healthy lifestyle, multivitamins ensure that we get everything we need to look and feel our best.
The Right Choice is Important
Multivitamins deliver the most benefit when you choose the right formula for your needs. A good quality supplement should promote health in the following areas:
- Nervous system: Magnesium and B vitamins support the health of your nervous system and increase resilience under stress.
- Heart:Coenzyme Q10 is a potent antioxidant that is involved in energy production in the heart. It protects LDL cholesterol from oxidizing and helps lower blood pressure. Omega-3 will help maintain healthy cholesterol levels.
- Bones: Supplements that contain calcium, magnesium, and vitamin D are essential to achieving and maintaining a healthy bone density.
- Energy levels:B vitamins are essential to energy production. Magnesium, iron, and potassium also enable sustained energy levels, especially for women who may be low in iron due to menstruation.
- Immunity:Vitamins A, C, and E all support a healthy immune system. So do the minerals selenium and zinc.
- Healthy weight: Chromium helps to metabolize protein, fat, and carbohydrates and stabilize blood sugar levels.
Let’s not forget antioxidants! Nutrients like vitamin C, vitamin E, and beta-carotene are a powerful defense against cell damage due to free radicals. Vitamin C in particular supports collagen production, which keeps our skin, bones, and blood vessels in prime shape.
Different Bodies, Different Needs
Men and women have their own unique needs when it comes to multivitamin supplementation. Vitamin B6, vitamin E and magnesium help maintain hormone balance in women and can even ease PMS symptoms. Zinc is an important contributor to men’s reproductive health, assisting in healthy sperm production and normal prostate function.
Ready for a Solution?
Platinum Naturals has a wide range of multivitamins that give you the essential nutrients you need for strength, immunity, and overall health. Easymulti Stress is the perfect solution if your body needs special nourishment and support to get through a stressful time without feeling depleted. Or look for activ-X, the athlete’s choice for more energy, stamina and faster recovery from your workout. Prenatal Easymulti is recognized by the Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Canada to safely and effectively promote female reproductive health. No matter your need, there’s a multivitamin formula designed to help you feel great and love your body.
The best thing you can do for your body is exercise regularly, enjoy a balanced diet, and supplement both practices with a quality multivitamin. You’ll look great and feel even better for a long time to come.
You are what you absorb!
Platinum Naturals suspends the nutrients in their multivitamins in oil with their unique Superior Nutrient Absorption delivery system. That’s because fats pass through virtually anywhere in the cell membrane, unlike non-fat substances that require specific receptor sites. By coating the active ingredients in healthy oils they’re creating a greater opportunity for absorption.
For example, did you know that the oil in your favourite salad dressing does more than add flavour? It also helps your body absorb the salad’s nutrients. That’s because oil is easily absorbed by the cell membranes in your body. In fact, a 2004 study found that substantially greater absorption of carotenoids, your body’s main source of vitamin A, was observed when salads were consumed with full-fat salad dressings rather than with fat-free dressings.