26 Oct Help your kids – and you – stay healthy all year long!
For children, the start of the school year is filled with excitement and anticipation of new adventures, learning and reconnecting with friends they haven’t seen all summer. For parents, it’s knowing that their kids will be exposed to lots of pesky germs and viruses.
Here are simple guidelines to help your kids stay healthy all year long:
The rainbow diet – Daily servings of colourful fruits and vegetables
Make sure they eat fresh fruits and vegetables. They contain helpful antioxidants that the body needs to fight off bugs.
Sleep is necessary to keep immune systems strong and getting the kids to bed on time is good for you too! Young children need at least 10 hours of sleep every night.
Make sure your children know to keep their hands away from their face: In most cases, the flu virus enters the body through the eyes, nose or mouth! Teach your child how to wash their hands properly.
Let your children play outside whenever possible
- Fresh air and exercise strengthens lungs and muscles
- Exposure to bacteria in soil keeps the immune system healthy
- Children sleep better after being active
- Exposure to sunlight increases important Vitamin D production
Make sure they drink enough water
Drinking more water enables your immune system to function better and fight off bacteria and viruses.
To give your child’s immune system a bit of extra support, consider Echinaforce® Junior – a clinically proven safe and effective cold and flu prevention and treatment remedy for children ages 2+
While Echinacea has been known and used for centuries to prevent colds and flu, a recent study presented in May 2018 at the University Hospital in Zurich, has proven Echinaforce® Junior tablets, which contain an extract from fresh Echinacea purpurea, can successfully prevent respiratory tract infections and related complications (such as sinusitis, bronchitis, and pneumonia).
This new research shows that Echinaforce® Junior reduces symptoms, duration and complication risk by 64% and cuts the need for antibiotics by 73%!
Earlier research in 2012, on the same type of Echinacea, proved that it was safe to take up to four months and that if taken preventively, it can strengthen your little ones’ immune systems and help avert colds or flu by over 50%.
The good news is that Echinaforce protects the entire family including pregnant and nursing moms!
A.Vogel’s Echinaforce® line of products has over 20 published studies under its belt!
The Echinaforce® products:
- Clinically shown to help prevent and relieve the symptoms of upper respiratory tract infections (URTI) such as the common cold and flu.
- Shortens the duration of URTI.
- Used in Herbal Medicine to support the immune system, especially in times of stress, lack of sleep and for smokers.
- Reduces bronchitis or pneumonia risk
- Can be used by pregnant or nursing women and by children ages 2+ *
- 100% natural and clinically proven
- Made from fresh, organic, GMO free plants
- Do not cause drowsiness
- Free of gluten and added coloring
- Tincture, tablet (Original, Extra-strength and Junior) and Sore throat spray format available
Not all Echinaceas are the same
The difference between Echinaforce®, an extract of Echinacea purpurea aerial parts and roots, and other Echinacea products is both the research that has been done on it and the fact that it is made from fresh whole plants (never dried!) therefore providing your little ones with more of the active ingredients to benefit them all year long.
Active substances of Echinaforce® potently modulate the activity of the immune system, relieve pain, reduce inflammation, and have antiviral and antioxidant effects.
*(excluding the Sore Throat Spray)