An important principle in eating for your body type is that your diet and metabolism affect where your body stores extra fat  . Below we break down the four most common body shapes, along with the foods that are best suited for each.
1. Apple Shape
Features: Excess abdominal fat with slim arms and legs.
- Top foods: Lean proteins and dark leafy greens
- Don’t forget: Good fats from coconut oil, nuts, avocados, and eggs
- Cut back on: Starchy foods and refined carbs
- Smart tip: Keep blood sugar levels already within the normal range steady and cravings curbed
2. Pear Shape
Features: Heavy hips and thighs with a thin upper body.
- Top foods: High fibre fruits and vegetables with whole grains, such as oats, quinoa, and rice
- Don’t forget: Small portions of lean protein and good fats
- Cut back on: Dairy fats, soy, non-organic fruits and vegetables
- Smart tip: Avoid foods that may contain pesticides and growth hormones
Inverted Pyramid Shape
Features: Muscular upper body with excess chest and back fat.
- Top foods: Complex carbohydrates, such as whole grains, fresh vegetables and fibre rich fruit
- Don’t forget: Low fat dairy
- Cut back on: Dairy fats, meat, salt
- Smart tip: Avoid the afternoon energy slump
Features: Even fat distribution from head to toe.
- Top foods: Raw fruits and vegetables, whole grains, and spices
- Don’t forget: Small servings of lean protein
- Cut back on: Animal fats and refined carbohydrates
- Smart tip: Eat plenty of fibre
No matter what your body type is, you’re sure to benefit from the soluble fibre and 20 g of lean protein in each serving of *PGX Vegan Protein.
*Drink additional water (8 fl. oz.) after ingesting PGX®. If you are taking medications, take one hour prior to or two hours after taking PGX®.