07 Jun Flora's DHA Flax Oil
Flora’s DHA Flax Oil is a source of omega-3 DHA fatty acids from unrefined, cultivated algae. DHA, or docosahexaenoic acid, supports healthy brain, eye and nerve function in adults. It’s also ideal for expecting and nursing mothers, toddlers and anyone who needs extra brain or eye support.
Did you know that over 90% of the omega-3 in the brain and retina is in the form of DHA?
Because Flora sources its DHA from cultivated algae, and not fish, there is no fishy taste. Plus, Flora’s DHA Flax Oil is the environmentally sustainable choice because it is made without GMO-ingredients! Because Flora’s DHA Flax oil is made from cultivated algae it’s naturally free of ocean-borne contaminants like mercury, dioxins and PCBs and it’s suitable for vegetarians.
Get the nutrients you need by adding Flora’s DHA Flax Oil to your daily salads, smoothies, soups and all your favourite meals.
Why we love it – in bullet points:
- Unique formula provides omega-3 DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) from unrefined algae, combined with omega-3 ALA (alpha-linolenic acid) from organic Canadian flax seeds.
- This DHA oil contains no fish so it’s naturally free of ocean-borne contaminants like mercury, dioxins and PCBs
- Environmentally sustainable choice for omega-3 DHA
- No Fishy taste
- Certified gluten-free and non-GMO
- Suitable for vegetarians
- A source of omega-3 Essential Fatty Acids
- Provides 100mg of DHA per tablespoon
- Cold-fresh-pressed in a light- and oxygen-free environment
- Unrefined, unbleached and non-deodorized to supply powerful oil-soluble minor ingredients, such as phytosterols
- Expeller-pressed: never warmer than 55 °C
- No hexane used in processing
- It’s so easy to incorporate into your diet: just sprinkle it on anything! Add it to your smoothy, pour it on top of soups, have fun!
Why DHA is Important in Bullet Points:
- DHA supports healthy brain, eye and nerve function in adults
- Ideal for expecting and nursing mothers, toddlers and anyone who needs extra brain or eye support
- DHA is an omega-3 fatty acid that is needed for the development the nervous system and visual abilities during the first 6 months of life
- Over 90% of the omega-3 in the brain and retina is in the form of DHA