Well, it’s a New Year and word on the street is many of us are trying to find healthy food alternatives, especially to satisfy the sweet tooth. The good news is, Alpha can help. The better news is, we have created these tasty cookie dough bites just for you! These are the perfect nutritious bite sized treat being very low sugar, dairy free, gluten free, egg free, and take no more than 10 minutes to make! A great option for a small dessert or healthy snack for you and your family.
- 2 cups organic mixed nuts – we used cashews, walnuts, almonds
- 6 pitted dates
- 1 tbsp. Alpha DME Organic Coconut Oil
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- Pinch of cinnamon (optional)
- 1 cup organic unsweetened chocolate chips
- Organic coconut flakes for rolling
- Pre-soak dates for about 10 minutes in a small bowl of warm water.
- Process nuts until they are finely chopped.
- Add all other ingredients, except chocolate chips and coconut, and process until mixture begins to stick together.
- Place mixture in a bowl and fold in chocolate chips.
- Roll mixture into small bite size balls and gently roll in a dish with coconut flakes until covered.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 15 minutes.
Thanks to Alpha Health for providing this wonderful recipe!