23 Mar CHOCOLATE CHIP BANANA COLLAGEN PROTEIN COOKIES
INDULGE THE HEALTHY WAY WITH OUR DELICIOUS CHOCOLATE CHIP BANANA COLLAGEN PROTEIN COOKIES RECIPE!
Healthy eating is all about finding balance. Sometimes that means saying no to deprivation and yes to cookies. Healthy collagen protein cookies to be exact.
The trick to staying healthy while still being able to enjoy the occasional treat or dessert is in making healthy swaps. So today, we’re giving you a healthier swap for chocolate chip cookies!
We took all the goodness of grandma’s oatmeal chocolate cookies, swapped out the sugar for a banana, and added a boost of protein to leave you feel satisfied and full.
You can take these cookies to work, or even grab one as a post work-out snack. They’re also a great option for on-the go activities like hiking or camping.
We used Organika’s Enhanced Collagen to help energize whatever adventures you may take. Recovery-friendly, and easily made gluten free, these healthy collagen protein cookies are sure to be a crowd pleaser!
CHOCOLATE CHIP BANANA VEGAN PROTEIN COOKIES
Yields 12 cookies
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/4 cup unsalted almond butter
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tbsp Organika® Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 chia egg (1 tbsp chia seeds combined with 3 tbsp water) or regular egg
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp Organika’s Enhanced Collagen Powder
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350°F
- Combine all of the wet ingredients in a food processor, and pulse until mixed.
- Add all of the dry ingredients, except for the chocolate chips, and process until combined thoroughly into cookie dough.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Shape cookies on to a parchment lined baking tray.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned
- Remove from the oven, and cool before eating.
How to make a chia egg:
Chia eggs are a gelatinous mixture that can be used to replace an egg in baking. It’s rich in fiber and calcium. All you need is 1 tbsp of chia seeds and 3 tbsp of water. Mix the two ingredients in a small bowl. Let it sit for 5-10 minutes or until it becomes a gel-like mix, and voila! You’re done! This gelly mixture will help bind your baked goods just like an egg normally would!
What’s your favourite healthy treat?
Learn more about Collagen: