Not all chemicals are “unnatural” and dangerous to human or environmental health. There are many natural chemicals such as the ones found in grapefruit seeds and apple cider vinegar which are beneficial to our health and environment. Here’s a sample list of some of the health-endangering ingredients that Prairie Naturals never uses in any of our hair care products.
Prairie Naturals Hair Care formulas deliver the cleansing, conditioning & styling support your hair needs without the use of harmful ingredients. Prairie Naturals Hair Care products create beautiful, healthy hair without dangerous ingredients.
Beautiful Hair without Dangerous Ingredients
ULTRA-SIL™ 500 mg
- Promotes beautifully healthy hair, skin and nails!
- Supports the skeletal system
- Provides superior source of organic silica
- Aqueous extract of Spring Horsetail (Equisetum arvense)
- Specially processed for best assimilation
- Rich source of trace minerals
- Strengthens bones
- Counteracts stress, illness, hormonal imbalances
- Stimulates maximum growth of hair follicle
- 22 natural nutrients restore, repair & nourish
- Creates beautiful, healthy hair from within
- Easy-to-absorb softgels
- Minimizes hair loss
- Love Your Hair!
Prairie Naturals award-winning hair care products are formulated with natural ingredients to give you beautiful, healthy looking hair without the questionable additives. Each Prairie Naturals Hair Care formula is carefully crafted using the rich, nourishing ingredients found in nature…moisturizing Jojoba oil and Shea butter, soothing Aloe Vera and stimulating Tea Tree oil are but a few of the precious ingredients that work to give you healthy, manageable, gorgeous hair. Our premium quality, award-winning shampoos, conditioners and styling aids deliver the results you demand with concentrated nutrients, botanical extracts and pure plant essential oils.
Here’s a sample list of some of the health-endangering ingredients that Prairie Naturals never uses in any of our hair care products. You’ll quickly see why.
- most widely used, broad-spectrum preservatives worldwide Also known as methyl-, propyl, butyl- and ethyl- parabens or under the name Germaben, these toxic substances can be absorbed through the skin, are linked to developmental and reproductive toxicity as well as toxicity in wildlife. They are weakly estrogenic (may cause hormone dependent cancers) and can negatively impact the immune system.
- Sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS) and its chemical cousins are standard ingredients in anything that foams. They are among the most irritating ingredients in personal care products causing dandruff-like scalp conditions, skin rashes, eye and lung irritations, and are also toxic to aquatic organisms. It is frequently disguised in semi-natural cosmetics with the explanation “comes from coconut”.
- This chemical threesome: DEA (diethanolamine), MEA (monoethanolamine) and TEA (triethanolamine) and related compounds are used as foaming or emulsifying agents and can form cancer-causing compounds called nitrosamines when they come in contact with other nitrogen containing compounds found in cosmetics.
- Propylene glycol, often used as an emulsifier/moisturizer, is a petrochemical also used in antifreeze and brake fluid. It is an inexpensive, synthetic humectant and emulsifier. Known as a primary irritant to skin, eyes and lungs, it penetrates the skin very quickly and may encourage liver and kidney issues.
- A synthetic emollient, it’s the most extensively used ingredient in body care products and the single greatest cause of breakouts in women who use a new product. While covering the skin, it clogs pores and traps toxins and wastes inside the skin layers preventing the skins ability to respire.
- Phthalates (pronounced tha-lates) are industrial plasticizers known to be one of the foremost dangers found in cosmetics and personal care products. Dozens of studies have shown that phthalates disrupt and inhibit normal hormonal functions, causing infertility and birth defects.
- The chemical colours used in shampoos and scores of other products are labeled as FD&C or D&C followed by a color and a number. These synthetic colours are made from coal tar and contain heavy metal salts that can deposit toxins onto the skin and cause cancer.
- Artificial fragrances can generate a variety of instant adverse reactions including headaches, dizziness, rash, redness, violent coughing and vomiting. These chemical fragrances often contain a toxic cocktail of more than 200 chemicals including endocrine disrupting phthalates.
It is estimated by experts that 90% of North Americans are extremely deficient in minerals and trace minerals. This is due in a large part to mineral depletion in the soil from aggressive farming and soil erosion. It goes without saying, without adequate minerals in the soil, there will not be enough minerals in our food.
This is a huge problem considering the importance minerals play in our bodies.
Our bodies are complex systems of electrical charges and impulses that require minerals and trace minerals for optimal health.
The body uses minerals for building strong bones & teeth, for blood, skin & hair, nerve function, for muscle contraction and relaxation. Even minerals are needed for metabolic processes such as turning food into energy.
Since we can no longer look to our food to provide us with enough minerals for general health; we need to supplement and we can look to sea water as a natural source.
ConcenTrace® Trace Mineral Drops is a 100% natural mineral concentrate with 72 naturally occurring ionic trace minerals from the Great Salt Lake, with 99% sodium removed through solar evaporation.
What’s important to note is that ConcenTrace® isn’t actually something that’s made, it has been given to us by Mother Nature and found in the inland seawaters of the Great Salt Lakes.
Taking ConcenTrace® every day ensures you’re getting a full spectrum of ionic trace minerals, which are bioavailable ionic trace minerals just like those found in foods. Since its 100% natural; our bodies intrinsically know what to do with it.
ConcenTrace® can be used for bone & joint health, to balance pH in the body, to nourish hair & nails from within, to normalize bowel function, for circulatory health and to enhance the absorption of vitamins and has many other uses.
ConcenTrace® has a GRAS rating, is NON GMO and can safely be given to pets, children & even plants.
By Amber Allen
40% of women will suffer hair loss by the age of forty.
50% of men will suffer hair loss by the age of fifty.
And the likelihood of hair loss only increases with age.
While hair loss itself isn’t a life-threatening issue, the psychological damage caused by hair loss and feeling unattractive can be extremely distressing and undermining to a person’s self-esteem.
So what causes hair loss?
- Hormonal imbalances ( e.g., menopause/perimenopause, PCOS)
- Prolonged stress or a stressful event (e.g., surgery, illness, dramatic weight loss, pregnancy, telogen effluvium)
- Thyroid disorders (e.g., Hashimoto, hypothyroid, hyperthyroid)
- Autoimmune disorders (e.g., alopecia areata, lupus)
- Genetics (heredity, androgenic (androgenetic) alopecia, female/male pattern hair loss)
- Diet (nutritional deficiencies, anemia)
- Side effects of some medications (e.g., antidepressants, high blood pressure meds, diabetes meds, NSAIDs, hormonal contraceptives)
- Styling practices and products, hair extensions/weaves, colouring, straightening, perming etc.
Let’s get even more specific…
- Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) is a naturally-occurring hormone in women and men that causes hair follicles to shrink, reducing the flow of blood and nutrients to the follicle and resulting in progressively finer and thinner hair until the hair is too weak to survive.
- Damaged or dormant hair follicles caused by products and styling, physical or emotional stress, as well as some drugs..
- Lack of healthy hair nutrients due to poor diet or poor circulation.
The ONLY way to ensure sustained, healthy hair growth is to heal and nourish the body. The best way to do that is with an abundant supply of hair-healthy nutrients. You can supply those nutrients through a healthy, balanced diet and a supplement formulated specifically for hair. Hair Essentials is undeniably the most comprehensive hair supplement on the market.
So what makes Hair Essentials unique?
The formula: A blend of more than 20 time-tested, tradition-honoured, scientifically-researched ingredients.
Some hair supplements combat DHT to help stop hair loss.
Some hair supplements repair damaged hair follicles.
Some hair supplements nourish hair follicles with nutrients needed for healthy hair growth.
Only Hair Essentials does all three… plus so much more!
How does one take Hair Essentials?
- 3 capsules per day.
- Take for at least 90 days to see best results.
- Natural supplements take time to build up in the system. Hair follicles also need time to cycle through their resting phase before re-entering the growth phase and growing new hair.
What are some typical customer results?
- 4-6 weeks = Decreased shedding + hair loss.
- 3 months = Dramatic improvement and faster hair growth
- We recommend to use Hair Essentials for at least 90 days to see best results, as natural supplements take time to build up in the system. Hair follicles also need time to cycle through their resting phase before re-entering the growth phase and growing new hair.