Ultimate Maca Energy
Ultimate Maca Energy is made with 100% pure, traditionally sundried, natural and certified organic maca root grown exclusively in the Andean highland zones of Peru at altitudes of 14,000 ft. Ultimate Maca Energy maca root has many health benefits and scientifically tested properties. In addition to being a source of vitamins, minerals, protein, amino acids and complex carbohydrates, Ultimate Maca Energy also contains an impressive array of bioactive components and antioxidants, which are responsible for its numerous benefits.
The Various Benefits of Maca
Maca is a well-known and powerful adaptogen, which means that it is a substance that helps to increase the body’s natural resistance to environmental stresses. Recent human clinical studies have provided convincing scientific evidence supporting supplementation for healthy mood balance during menopause.
How Maca Works
Maca is loaded with vital nutrients in bioavailable forms which assist the body in its on-going process of regeneration, ultimately helping to replenish and recuperate from different problems and providing ultimate balance and wellbeing. Its actions focus mainly on the hypothalamus and pituitary glands, assisting the body in balancing hormones. This is where the main benefits associated with maca can be noted (e.g. mood balance).
Ultimate Maca Energy is certified by the Natural Agricultural U
niversity of La Molina in Peru and also by Skal. The National Agricultural University of La Molina in Peru is an independent entity funded by the government of Peru that oversees all the agricultural and related activities in different areas of the country.
Learn even more here
1 cup organic chocolate (almond/soy/coconut) milk
1 scoop Organika® Vege-Pro®
1 tbsp organic almond butter
½ organic banana
½ organic avocado
2-3 ice cubes made from alkaline water
1 tsp Organika® Maca Powder
- Add ingredients into the blender
- Blend until smooth
Provided by Organika Health Products – Copyright © 2015 Organika Health Products Inc.
THE VEGAN SOLUTION: VEGE-PRO
Finally, an answer to the question that vegans and the health conscious have been asking for years!
If you’re like us, you’re tired of searching endlessly for a plant-based protein supplement that consists of complete protein, and is above the average 10-15 grams in most powders. Especially for athletes! Or even you weekend warriors.
You’re unique, and as such have unique nutritional requirements. For celiacs, the lactose intolerant, allergy prone or even the health conscious — it can be a struggle to find protein sources that fuel your everyday triumphs. Time and time again, the same question arises for many of us:
“How do I get enough clean protein in my diet?”
You could eat your body weight in quinoa, savi seeds or soy in the hopes of meeting your daily protein requirements (which could get quite messy), or, you could think about an instant, delicious alternative. Enter Vege-Pro® fill the gaps in your diet!
With 19 grams of delicious, 100% organic plant protein sourced from sprouted brown rice, hemp and mushrooms – we just found the answer for you. Providing approximately one third of your adequate intake of protein, Vege-Pro® is a finely processed protein that offer all 20 amino acids in a convenient format, essential for:
- Developing children and teens
- Those with unique dietary conditions
- Anyone looking for a clean protein alternative with minimal calories, saturated fat and no sugar!
Normally when you think of plant-based proteins, you recall most powders that involve chalky, gritty proteins that don’t mix well or taste like the soil they came from. Blech!
Vege-Pro® mixes with no grit, is sugar-free and sweetened with Stevia, making for a protein powder that has a deliciously smooth finish and taste.
With your health in mind, Vege-Pro® contains fibre from inulin, pre-and probiotics and calcium to help support your active metabolism, digestion and immune health.
The Mushroom Advantage
In contrast to the chalky grit of plant-based proteins you may be accustomed to, Vege-Pro® is unique because of its taste and texture, but most importantly because it combines the benefits of 8 unique mushrooms:
Mushrooms are rich in B-glucans, protein, iron and B vitamins that have been studied to boost metabolism, lower cholesterol levels and improve immune health as a potent source of ergothioneine, that acts to reduce the damage of free radicals to skin, organs and tissues.
The Cleanest Protein on the Market
Grown on an organic, wheat-free oat base, these mushrooms couldn’t get any cleaner. It’s a well-known fact that mushrooms absorb and concentrate from the material they are grown in—so we made sure they are only absorbing the best nutrients, and none of the gluten.
Vege-Pro® is gluten, soy and dairy free, as well as being organic certified!
Be sure to get creative with it in the kitchen with this versatile powder:
Vegan lentil burgers? Sure, why not.
Protein pancakes in the morning to start your day off right? Definitely.
Let us know what you come up with in the kitchen using Vege-Pro®!
Copyright © 2015 Organika Health Products Inc. – Re-posted with permission
Prana is an ancient Sanskrit word, meaning breath, considered as a life-giving force. The concept of the Divine Essence essential oils
Prana Winter’s Blend is to enhance the quality of our vital breathing ability, by helping to support and clear sinuses, lungs and all passageways, especially where there are issues of catarrh, phlegm, bronchial or sinus struggles, or to prevent or treat colds or flus. In a choice blend such as this one, all of the individual oils also contribute to and magnify a synergistic effect, meaning that the whole formula winds up being greater and more therapeutically effective than the sum of its parts. The Prana Blend, with its fresh and pleasant smell, is also wonderful diffused as a general indoors air freshener and deodorizer, or can be used to scent closets, laundry areas, or potpourri for a unique variation. All Divine Essence oils are considered artisan or therapeutic grade, and are thoroughly laboratory (chemo-type) tested for genuine 100% authenticity, purity, cleanliness, non-adulteration, careful production, and thus, full effectiveness for that particular variety.
The Prana Blend (AKA Winter’s Blend) consists of eight premium, certified organic essential oils:
- Eucalyptus Radiata (Eucalyptus radiata) – A softer Eucalyptus, sourced from South Africa, which especially supports the upper respiratory tract and sinuses, including as an anti-inflammatory, helping treat rhinitis or otitis. It is anti-catarrhal and mucolytic, meaning showing expectorant and fluidification properties, when needed to break up and help remove excess mucous. It is anti-infectious, helping treat acute and chronic respiratory infections and flus, and is also energizing against chronic fatigue, or to treat immune deficiency. The Peppermint in this blend enhances its penetration through all three skin layers and into the lungs, if used as a chest rub, along with a carrier oil. (Best carrier oils are Sweet Almond, Jojoba, Grapeseed, or similar plant oils, or in a pinch, most household cooking oils, including Coconut, will work.)
- Rosemary Cineole (Rosmarinus officinalis cineoliferum) – The most popular Rosemary essential oil variety from Divine Essence, sourced from Morocco; rich, pungent and potent. Most essential oil companies use only the standard Camphor variety, (which DE also carries, along with a third type), but the scents are notably different. Although the properties are nearly identical, being sourced from different regions creates unique characters, much as with fine wines. The Cineole type is often preferred for treating respiratory or circulatory issues. Here in the Prana blend, it supports the immune system, and is very protective against oxidation and oils breakdown, which strengthens and synergizes the entire blend. Research confirms it as effectively antibacterial and antiviral, helping eradicate pathogenic bacteria or viruses, as with colds or flus. It is also helpful for treating digestive pain, muscle cramps or spasms, neuralgia, fatigue or memory issues, headaches, and migraines. Most researchers caution to avoid using Rosemary oil during pregnancy, especially in the first four months.
- Niaouli (Melaleuca viridiflora, a.k.a. quinquenervia CT 1,8-cineole), also from Madagascar, has some properties similar to Tea Tree oil (Melaleuca alternifolia), as the Melaleuca genus name implies, but has a more subtle, sweeter scent; still pungent and deep, but not as cutting and intense. This tree, along with the Cajuput variety, can reach up to 35 m (100 ft) or taller, and the genuine oil is not easy to obtain. This leaf oil is used in aromatherapy for its expectorant properties, and helps relieve the symptoms of sinusitis, cough, bronchitis, and cold. It also has skin tonic, immunostimulatory and anti-inflammatory properties, among many others.
- Fir Balsam (Abies balsamea) – Sourced right from Eastern Canada, this therapeutic oil provides the heartwarming, classic, pungent “Christmas Tree” scent. It has antibacterial qualities, and new studies are finding Fir Balsam may possibly be effective against both e. coli and staph. aureus, which could help heal pneumonia and other conditions; more research is needed. Fir Balsam has antitussive properties, meaning it will help relieve coughs and throat irritations. This is activated by inhaling the diffused or steamed oil. It is antiseptic, antiparasitic, and a cicatrizant, meaning it will help heal burns, wounds and cuts. It is also used in aromatherapy to help relieve joint and muscle pain associated with strains, sprains and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Palmarosa (cymbopogon martinii var. motia) – A pleasant rose-like scent denotes this exotic oil from India, derived from the same Poaceae family that includes Citronella, Lemongrass and Vetiver. Thus, it helps enhance the overall scent profile and usability of the Prana Winter’s Blend. It shows anti-inflammatory and tonic properties, and can be mildly simulating to the immune system. It has been used to treat Cholera, and has anti-infectious, antibacterial, and antiviral properties, thus helping to treat and eliminate colds and flus in this blend. Palmarosa has a normalizing effect on the thyroid gland, and has markedly antifungal properties, making it useful against toenail fungus, candida or skin fungus conditions, and even head lice.
- Ravintsara (Cinnamomum camphora) – This Cinnamon-type (but quite different) plant variety from the leaf form, fair-trade sourced (as with all DE oils), from our growers and distillers in faraway Madagascar, is somewhat less skin-irritating than the similarly named Ravensara variety. It also has been shown to be particularly effective for respiratory or bronchial problems, in part due to its high 1,8 cineole content, a penetrating compound which helps ease breathing and has anti-inflammatory action. Ravintsara also has antibacterial and antiviral properties, easing colds and flus. In one researcher’s report of an unpublished study, it was used in an aloe vera gel “hand cream” with elementary-aged schoolchildren and dramatically reduced the absenteeism rate that season.
- Peppermint (Mentha piperita) – This classic essential oil, sourced from Hungary, enhances the delightful scent of the Parana Winter’s Blend, and is sourced from Hungary. It acts as a catalyst for the other oils, especially enhancing skin penetration through all three layers of the dermis, as mentioned, for chest rubs. This is why you will notice, Peppermint or Menthol, a key isolated component sometimes synthetically derived, is used in nearly every pain relieving cream or oil. It also has analgesic (pain-relieving) properties on its own via different neural and receptor cell effects, as well as mild anesthetic properties. It product a cooling sensation on the skin by activating cold-sensitive receptors, without actually changing temperature, in the same way that capsaicin from chile peppers, causes a heating reaction. Peppermint also has antiviral, antispasmodic, decongestant, expectorant, digestive, and soothing neurotonic properties, among others.
- Eucalyptus Blue Gum (Eucalyptus globulus) – This more familiar, stronger-smelling Eucalyptus has many of the same properties
of the Radiata variety, but is deeper-penetrating, and especially powerful in helping reach and treat lower and deeper respiratory tract infections, colds and flus. (Here, sourced from either Spain or South Africa.) It is classically used in a mixture with a carrier oil topically, applied to the front of the chest, which helps deliver the healing constituents via quick penetration through the skin into the lung tissues, but also via the inhalant aromatherapeutic properties. It is also anti-inflammatory, helping relieve pain and pressure in lung and bronchial swelling situations, as well as with joints or muscles.
Overall, these eight oils, carefully blended together, form a potent protective and treatment blend for various fall and winter maladies, best used either in a nebulizer or diffuser, or with head under a towel over a steaming bowl of hot water (shake in 10 to 25 drops as per strength desired), or applied topically with a carrier oil, as a chest rub.
From all of us at Organic Grocer and Divine Essence, Here’s to a healthy, happy Winter Season!
About Boswellic Acids
Lately, we have had many inquiries about Frankincense essential oil, due to new health claims being made.
Boswellic acids are a series of pentacyclic triterpene molecules that are produced by plants in the genus Boswellia. Like many other terpenes, boswellic acids appear in the resin of the plant that exudes them; it is estimated that they make up 30% of the resin of Boswellia serrata. While boswellic acids are a major component of the resin, the steam or hydro distilled Frankincense essential oil does not contain any boswellic acid, as these components are non-volatile and too large to transfer through in the steam distillation process. (The essential oil is composed mainly of the much lighter monoterpene and sesquiterpene molecules, with small amounts of diterpenoid components being the upper limit in terms of molecular weight.)
The presence of boswellic acids, despite their potential therapeutic value, are not appropriate markers of quality for pure steam distillate of Frankincense resin; in fact, quite the contrary. Genuine essential oil does not contain these.
Therefore, if a company claims their Frankincense essential oil contains boswellic acids, it is incorrect, and reveals either ignorance, or a snake oil sales pitch.
Benefits – A Summary
However, Frankincense essential oil certainly does contain many beneficial compounds and therapeutic healing abilities, especially if one purchases a brand that is Chemotype-tested, meaning laboratory tested for 100% authenticity, purity and therefore, genuine therapeutic effectiveness.
These benefits include, as information shows, effects including antibacterial, anticatarrhal, antidepressive, cicatrizant (scars, ulcers, wounds), immunostimulant, analgesic and anti-inflammatory uses. As with our Eucalyptus oils, Frankincense is especially helpful in creating your own joint pain and swelling relief oil blend.
Other suggested oils to include in this blend include Peppermint (because menthol helps penetrate below the skin layers to reach nerves and shuttle the analgesic compounds in), plus Basil (either Holy or Tropical versions), Bay (St. Thomas), Birch (Sweet), Cajeput, Chamomile (German), Juniper Berry, Manuka (20%), and Wintergreen.
Harvesting of frankincense requires a deep longitudinal incision to be made in the trunk of the tree and below that a narrow strip of bark 5 inches in length is peeled off. In response to the incision, the tree releases a milk-like substance; oleo resin, which hardens due to exposure to the air.
The incision is then deepened to encourage further release of the resin. Through further processes, the resin can be steam-distilled into an essential oil.
A very distinctive aromatic, Frankincense was once prized above gold. One of the gifts of the three Magi, it has been traded as a precious commodity for more than 5,000 years. It has been used through the ages in perfuming, aromatic medicine, skincare and cosmetics, embalming, as a mosquito repellent and most extensively for anointing and as an incense offering in religious ceremonies spanning cultures and centuries. The use of Frankincense is so interconnected through the millennia as a religious offering that is has taken on sacred connotations.
The twirling smoke of burning incense was believed to carry prayers or divinations upwards; a magnificent present to the divine Gods. In fact, fragrance was a characteristic sign of the presence of a deity in antiquity. Frankincense was burnt in censers at front doors in times past, believed to purify the air of contaminating miasmic influences of bad luck, evil spirits or illness. The use of Frankincense to enhance spirituality, prayer or meditation, and to awaken higher consciousness, still continues to this day.
Please read material at these links for more information, about Olibanum/Frankincense:
RE: Divine Essence Frankincense oils:
The Indian type of Frankincense oil (Boswellia Serrata), while of good quality, and being mentioned in media because it is more common, is of average resin grade and quite different in smell, and cannot be compared to the HE086S ”True” Frankincense oil from Somalia (Boswellia Carterii, syn. Boswellia sacra). The Indian type will be back in stock at some point, but we recommend clients try the bestseller from Somalia; it is lovely and the most sought-after one. It is well worth the slightly higher price.
We carry only the first grade and price reflects its premium quality, named “Top Grade Resin”. While we understand some consumers were buying the cheaper Indian type, we have a much better stock of the Somalia type available right now, while supplies last. Authentic Myrrh essential oil is also available. All Divine Essence essential oils are lab-tested for absolute 100% genuine identity, purity and therefore, therapeutic effectiveness. Not to mention, they smell exquisite!
Enjoy, and Happy Holidays!
Eucalyptus Essentials: Main differences between Eucalyptus Radiata
and Eucalyptus Blue Gum Essential Oils & How to Use with Your Family
These perennial favorite essential oils best-sellers have similar properties, but the main differences are that the softer (but still potent) Euc. Radiata is best for treating upper respiratory and sinus issues, and can be used with children more safely, while the Euc. Blue Gum has stronger expectorant characteristics for treating adult respiratory issues, and has more robust antibacterial effects, as per studies. All Eucalyptus oils are only to be used for inhalant or topical (external) therapeutic uses.
The Radiata (Eucalyptus Radiata) is effective for treating flu, and upper respiratory tract infections, including to relieve symptoms of rhinitis, sinusitis, bronchitis and otitis. It is also the best choice for use with children, because it is softer and safer in character. In addition, it features expectorant and antiseptic properties. Eucalyptus Radiata effects are boosted when combined with terpene-rich essential oils, such as Cinnamon, Lemon (safest for children), or Rosemary (Cineole).
Both the Eucalyptus Radiata and Blue Gum oils can be applied topically in a carrier oil, as is usual practice with essential oils, and used with caution around sensitive mucous membrane areas. Carrier oils can be Almond, Jojoba, Grapeseed, or in fact, anything you may have at home if needed in a pinch, such as coconut, olive or sesame oil. Or, they can be slowly, deeply inhaled over 5-10 minutes, from a bowl of boiling water (or facial steamer) with 4-12 drops added into the water.
Either Eucalyptus oil can also be diffused throughout a room with a nebulizer, or they are excellent for use in a sauna, where an oil can be mixed at 4 drops per litre into a water spray bottle, and misted frequently onto the rocks or benches. This will also disinfect the sauna. Besides the Eucalyptus, a nice sauna combination can include Birch (Sweet), Orange (Sweet), Peppermint, and Pine (White) oils. Unless your sauna is already rich enough in cedar aroma, you could also add Cedarwood (Western Red) or Cedarwood (Atlas) for a more classic, pungent Cedar effect.
The Blue Gum (Eucalyptus Globulus) is stronger, more intense, and is the classic cough drops or Vick’s-type
pungent Eucalyptus for treating congested lung issues and dissolving phlegm (expectorant, anti-catarrhal). It soothes respiratory discomfort, and is also antibacterial, a mosquito and flea repellent, and can kill dust mites when used in wash cycles. It is contraindicated for use with very young children.
All Eucalyptus oils will assist with anti-inflammatory and analgesic (pain relieving) treatments, alone or in making your own joint or muscle pain/stiffness treatment blends. Other essential oils effective for this blend include Basil (either Holy or Tropical versions), Bay (St. Thomas), Birch (Sweet), Cajeput, Chamomile (German), Frankincense, Juniper Berry, Manuka, Peppermint, and Wintergreen oils.
Again, mix your selections within a base of one or more carrier oils, but begin by mixing just the essential oils together, shake up, and then mix in the carrier oil(s) last, and shake again. As a general ratio suggestion, mix 5 to 10 drops of each essential oil per each 10 ml (2 generous teaspoons) of carrier oil. Experiment with the strength and potency that you prefer, and ask your favorite retail store consultant for ideas. Some health products retailers also sell empty glass bottles and caps or spray-tops, to use for making your own custom blends.
Note that with Manuka, as with many essential oils, actual quality and genuine authenticity and purity are highly variable among suppliers, because the plants themselves often inter-breed and can be difficult to verify. So, look for brands that list the main identifying chemotypes on the bottle (therapeutic plant chemicals which prove a specific plant and essential oil effectiveness). These brands have tested the oil batches to prove identification and 100% genuine purity. Also look for parts of the plant used and country of origin, because these factors cause large variations, as well.
Divine Essence sources all its genuine, natural essential oils directly from artisan producers around the globe, without added brokers in between, in fairly traded, supportive transactions. Most are Certified Organic where possible, or sustainably wild-crafted, and Divine Essence is the first essential oils line to achieve Health Canada NPNs (Natural Product Numbers). Each batch is extensively tested for absolute therapeutic quality, identity and purity, free of microbial or chemical contaminants. Ultimately, though: You can Smell the Difference!
Thank You, have Happy Holidays, and enjoy using and sharing these fine Eucalyptus Oils!