- Organic Saw Palmetto fruit extract (Serenoa repens), equivalent to 2280 – 3840 mg of berries; and not less than 85% fatty acids.
- Sabalasan Prostate 1 prevents and relieves BPH symptoms.
- Herbal medicine to relieve urologic symptoms associated with mild to moderate benign prostatic hyperplasia (BHP) such as weak urine flow, incomplete voiding, frequent daytime and nighttime urination.
- May provide modest relief of symptoms of sexual dysfunction in men with Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia.
Sexual dysfunction is common from age 60 onwards. 50% of men between the ages of 60 and 69 can no longer achieve an erection or can achieve only a reduced erection.
In the same age group, 49% state that they have no or only a reduced ejaculation.
The standard medical therapy for BPH can further exacerbate these sexual dysfunction.
Sabalasan Prostate 1 Saw Palmetto caps can help!
June is all about Men’s Health and happy father’s at the Organic Grocer. This month you get a free men’s health book with every Brad King product you buy – plus there’s some great coupons for Preferred Nutrition products. We’re featuring Brad King’s Ultimate Libido this month:
Support optimal sexual energy by maintaining healthy testosterone levels.
What to expect from this product:
- Enhance libido
- Boost desire and performance
- Increase the body’s natural production of testosterone
- Maintain and build muscle tissue
- Increase natural energy
- Maintain healthy erections
- Enhance orgasm intensity and duration
- Enhance the body’s anabolic cycle
Most men over the age of 30 are probably starting to feel the debilitating effects of lower testosterone production, which often leads to a diminished sex drive with infrequent and weaker erections. Inadequate testosterone levels also lead to a loss of muscle size and strength as well as diminished energy levels (and this is just the tip of the iceberg).1 The 100%, natural ingredients within Ultimate Libido™ work to restore a healthy testosterone status, all the while helping to enhance libido in a natural and highly effective manner.
Ultimate Libido™ is a stand-alone nutritional product designed to enhance both desire and performance. Too many “so-called” libido enhancers promise much and deliver little. The ingredients within this formula work in a synergistic manner to help enhance the body’s natural testosterone production.
Tongkat Ali, also known as Malaysian ginseng, has well documented aphrodisiac and testosterone enhancing effects. Animal studies have shown that supplementation with Tongkat ali enhanced sexual desire and increased testosterone levels. Studies in humans have supported these findings. In one study, supplementation with 200mg per day of Tongkat ali significantly increased testosterone levels and improved various symptoms of male ageing including libido, sexual performance and general fatigue.2 It has also shown potential for improving male fertility.3
Epimedium Extract,also known as horny goat weed, has a long history of traditional use in Chinese medicine for restoring male sexual function and libido. It has been shown to improve sexual drive and improve testosterone levels in men.4,5
Damiana Extract is a well-known natural aphrodisiac. In animal studies, it has been shown to increase sexual performance. Research has shown that Damania extract may act through a similar mechanism as drugs like Viagra®, meaning that it has good potential as a natural option for erectile dysfunction.6
Zinc is an essential mineral that plays a major role in prostate and sexual health and is an important modulator of testosterone levels. Moderate deficiencies in zinc have been associated with low testosterone levels, and supplementation with zinc for six months has been shown to increase testosterone levels in normal, healthy men.7
Niacin, or vitamin B3, is essential for the production of sex hormones. Furthermore, it is a vasodilator, and increases blood flow to the skin and other peripheral areas of the body. It has been reported that niacin may help to enhance sexual sensitivity.
An Effective, Natural Solution
Millions of men around the world take prescription drugs to enhance erections because they are unaware of natural alternatives that do work! Unlike pharmaceutical drugs that only work to enhance erections (i.e. sildenafil citrate or Viagra®) and should never be taken on a daily basis, the 100% natural ingredients within Ultimate Libido™ are not only safe for daily use, they work to improve overall sexual health as well as sexual capacity.
A healthy sex life is obtained by much more than just a good erection. It is achieved by a combination of enhanced excitability (a strong sexual signal), stronger erections, and better orgasms. If your goal is to achieve the ultimate in sexual health, look no further – Ultimate Libido™ is here.
NOTE: It is also extremely important to maintain proper prostate health when concerned about sexual performance. For this reason, Ultimate Libido™ is best taken in combination with Ultimate Prostate Solution™.
The A. Vogel website is a wealth of information about prostate health! – Enjoy!
The enlarged prostate is a common health problem as a man gets older
- The prostate gland
- Symptoms of an enlarged prostate
- Do I have an enlarged prostate?
- I think I have an enlarged prostate – what next?
- Treatment options
- Helping yourself
1. The prostate gland
The prostate is a small gland found in men. It sits just under the bladder and with age, the prostate has a tendency to enlarge. This condition is commonly referred to simply as ‘an enlarged prostate’. The medical term for an enlarged prostate is benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). The use of the word benign is significant – it indicates that the condition is not life-threatening, in contrast to prostate cancer, the prostate problem we hear about more frequently. The enlarged prostate is an increasingly common problem as a man becomes older. It is estimated that:
- More than 2 million men in Canada have symptoms arising from an enlarged prostate
- 50% of men over the age of 50 show signs of prostate enlargement
- By the age of 70, about 80% of men have an enlarged prostate
2. Symptoms of an enlarged prostate
Although an enlarged prostate is not in itself a life-threatening condition, it can give rise to a number of inconvenient symptoms which if severe enough, can affect your health and quality of life. As the prostate enlarges, it presses against the bladder and interferes with the way it works. This gives rise to a number of symptoms relating to bladder function and urination. The most common of these are:
- Having to get up at night for a pee
- The need to pass water frequently
- Poor urine flow – also known as poor stream
- Dribbling at the end of urination
More information on what you can expect if you suffer from prostate enlargement may be found on our page on enlarged prostate symptoms.
3. Do I have an enlarged prostate?
If you are experiencing some of the symptoms mentioned above, you may wish to look at ourEnlarged Prostate Symptom Checker page. Based on the International Prostate Symptom Score (IPSS), this is a test with 7 questions and will give you a broad indication of whether you are suffering from the problem and if so, how severe it is likely to be. If you already know you have an enlarged prostate, the Symptom Checker page can also be used to monitor the progress you make whilst on any treatment.
4. I think I have an enlarged prostate – what next?
If you are experiencing the symptoms described on this page, have used our Symptom Checker page and think you have an enlarged prostate gland, the next thing you should do is to have the diagnosis confirmed by your doctor. This visit should be fairly straightforward as in most cases, a diagnosis can be made on the medical history and symptoms. However, in order to exclude other causes of your symptoms, the visit may involve an internal examination to assess the size of your prostate gland and blood tests.
5. Treatment options
Having formed a diagnosis, your doctor will be in a position to discuss treatment options with you. In general, the treatment of an enlarged prostate will depend on the severity of your symptoms.
- If you suffer mild symptoms, your doctor may suggest that you simply sit and wait. This is known as ‘watchful waiting’ – seeing how the condition develops
- If you have moderate symptoms, your doctor may recommend that you use one of a number of prescribed drugs known as α-blockers and 5α-reductase inhibitors
- If your symptoms are severe, your doctor may refer you for a hospital appointment with a urologist, with the view of considering whether surgery may be of benefit.
- Herbal remedies. An increasing number of doctors may also discuss with you the use of the herb Saw Palmetto in treating mild to moderate symptoms of an enlarged prostate. The herb can be used as an alternative to ‘watchful waiting’ or if there is a need to avoid the use of prescribed medicines.
For more information, follow the link to treatment of an enlarged prostate.
6. Helping yourself
There are a number of things you can do to help yourself if you suffer from an enlarged prostate. The typical high-fat Western diet and a lack of vegetables and pulses appear to be factors contributing to prostate enlargement. Foods such as broccoli, brussel sprouts, cabbage and kale appear to be beneficial as are foods rich in zinc such as pumpkin seeds, pine nuts and shellfish. Follow the link to our page on Eating for a healthy prostate for more information.
Enlarged prostate symptoms
Prostate symptom check
Treatment choices for an enlarged prostate
How Prostate 1 Sabalasan® can help
What men are saying
Talking to your doctor
The Prostate gland
Eat for healthy prostate
|Andropause? What’s that?
|Andropause is the male version of menopause, except that, for men, the changes in their hormone balance happen more gradually and symptoms vary greatly from one person to the next. Hormonal fluctuations, especially drops in testosterone levels, trigger prostate enlargement, a process that accelerates with age.
Fortunately, there are several ways to preserve prostate health.
Discover A. Vogel’s 15 tips for a healthy prostate.
- Keep in shape and maintain an active lifestyle by walking or doing some exercise to slow down the aging process, one of the main causes of BPH (Benign Prostate Hyperplasia).
- Avoid bicycling: the sitting position compresses the prostate.
- Cold temperatures exacerbate the symptoms. Make sure you keep the abdomen warm.
- Do not drink too much before going to bed to prevent nighttime visits to the bathroom.
- Don’t ignore the need to go to the bathroom. Fully empty the bladder. Void your bladder every time you urinate.
- Constipation can aggravate the prostate problems, so it is important to have good bowel health.
- Stop smoking, if possible.
- Pay attention to certain prescription drugs; antispasmodic, tranquilizers and some anti-depressants worsen BPH symptoms.
- After age 45, do not neglect yearly medical exams.
- Avoid drinking chilled beverages or iced cocktails. Cold drinks do more harm than good and can cause a sudden blockage of the urinary track, resulting in difficult and painful urination.
- Reduce alcohol and caffeine intake; Bambu coffee substitute is a great alternative.
- Drink plenty of water and empty bladder regularly.
- Maintain a diet high in fibre, vitamins and minerals. Make sure you are taking sufficient vitamin A and zinc. Pumpkin seeds contain high levels of zinc. Vegetarian foods, raw fruit and vegetables, soy products and pulses including linseed are useful in bringing relief.
- Are best avoided: saturated fats, such as those in most processed foods, dairy products, red meats and hard fats. Replace by cold pressed vegetable oils. Also avoid substances that irritate the prostate gland: pepper, hot peppers, spices.
- Consider Stinging Nettle. This herb is used as a diuretic aid to help increase urine volume and flow.