Renew Life Super Critical Bonus Bottle will be on Sale in May and June 2017
Over 7000 studies on omega-3 fatty acids seem to be telling us YES! Essential Fatty Acids are natural substances your body needs to establish and maintain overall well-being. As the body cannot produce these essential fats on its own, it is very important that they are acquired through a healthy daily diet. However, the typical Canadian diet is severely deficient in these. Daily supplementation with a natural fish oil formula is an ideal source for obtaining the health-promoting benefits of Omega-3 fatty acids.
EFA supplementation can help to maintain good health but also treat certain health conditions such as:
Arthritis and Inflammatory Conditions
The powerful anti-inflammatory properties of Omega-3 oils from fish help reduce stiffness in joints and help relieve joint and muscle pain. This makes fish oils an important supplement for anyone trying to maintain joint health and mobility.
Attention Deficit Disorder and Memory
Recent research reveals that Omega-3’s, specifically DHA, help increase focus and memory retention in children and adults. Omega 3 fatty acids also support normal neurological development in infants.
Cholesterol and Blood Pressure
Omega-3 oils promote healthy cholesterol levels in the body by helping to lower bad cholesterol (LDL) levels and raise good cholesterol (HDL) levels. Clinical research also reveals reductions in blood pressure with the intake of Omega-3 fatty acids.
Depression and Mood Regulation
Regular supplementation of omega 3 fatty acids helps to elevate mood and lessen depression and anxiety. High potency fish oil with added Vitamin D is very useful in treating Seasonal Affective Disorder or the “winter blues”.
Digestive System Health
Regular Omega-3 supplementation helps to soothe and lubricate the bowel, ease elimination and supporting overall digestive health.
There are a lot of fish oil supplements on the market, but Super Critical Omega provides the highest-quality blend of EPA and DHA and exceeds world standards for fish oil quality and purity. Super Critical Omega is one of the strongest fish oil supplements on the market with over a 1 gram of Omega 3 per capsule PLUS 1000 units of Vitamin D3. It is the perfect choice for people dealing with chronic health conditions including depression and IBS.
Ultimate Digestibility with Better Absorption
Ultragest™ enteric coating ensures superior absorption and the fat-digesting enzyme lipase enhances the digestion and utilization of the beneficial oils. This combination eliminates the unpleasant aftertaste and repeating of fishy flavour often experienced with fish oil supplements.
100% Fish-derived Gel Caps
Encapsulated in natural fish-derived gel caps, Super Critical Omega is ideal for fish-eating vegetarians or anyone with religious dietary restrictions.
Quality & Purity Guaranteed
Super Critical Omega is sourced from sustainable wild and unthreatened fish that are found in cold, pristine waters and are naturally lower in environmental toxins such as: mercury, PCB’s and pesticides.
Purity Testing & Certification
Super Critical Omega is subject to a minimum of three purification steps to ensure the highest levels of freshness and the absence of any chemicals, toxins and heavy metals. It has received a 5-star rating by the International Fish Oil Standards (IFOS) program. This proves that it meets or exceeds all national and international standards for purity, potency and freshness.
With all of these benefits it is no surprise that fish oils are one of the most commonly researched and consumed natural health products in the world. Have you taken yours today?
Getting ready to get back to the routine that comes with fall around the corner starts us thinking about making healthier choices. We at the OG are thinking about healthier alternatives as well as our children prep to head back to school. We’re starting to think about getting back to the gym too. Plus there’s all the new sports teams coming up this year!
Phew! It can be overwhelming before it even begins! To help you get organized – and stay calm – we’ve pulled together a list of some of our favourite Back-to-Routine blogs worth revisiting!
- Need Energy? Zip Fuel quickly and safely boosts energy for people of all ages and fitness levels. This tasty beverage boosts the mind, supports the muscles, and provides energy for all those Back to School Activities & Sports (or maybe just getting back to the gym!) Check out Zip Fuel here.
- DHA & Fish Oils are essential for Brain & Eye Health as well as for stabilizing mood (Think ADD, ADHD, Anxiety, Depression, Stress – they all benefit from high quality high dose Omega 3 supplementation). This is really one of those every day for everyone supplements – because literally every cell in your body is made of Omega 3 oils! DHA, supports healthy brain, eye and nerve function in all humans so it’s ideal for expecting and nursing mothers, toddlers and anyone who needs extra brain or eye support. Did you know that over 90% of the omega-3 in the brain and retina is in the form of DHA?
Omega3 fatty acids are crucial for childhood brain development which lays the foundation for learning, behaviour, attention span, mental focus, and mood. Studies have also shown omega-3 fatty acid to be effective for treatment of childhood ADHD.
- Food Allergies in the classroom are a daily concern in the modern classroom – and even some work places. If you have been wondering whether peanut allergies are more common these days, you are indeed correct. Peanut allergies in children more than tripled between 1997 and 2008 in the U.S, presently affecting more than 400,000 children! Learn how to prevent food allergies here.
- Natural Care to get Embarrassing Acne under control before school starts: Every year all of the normal preparation might not be enough to make some kids feel ready for new friends, memories and adventures. If they have acne or other skin problems some kids can be really embarrassed and self-conscious! Learn about the top skin care tips, tricks, and products that can help achieve a clearer complexion in time to head back to school.
- Keeping Sugar Cravings Under Control and Out of the Classroom: The problem is that clearly we, here in Canada, are rarely facing famine. And in fact we often take in a heap more calories than we really need, given the energy we use up (especially sitting quietly at school desks!) We no longer have to fight or dig for our food. The closest we get to burning up energy running after our food is chasing the ice cream van down the street! Learn ways to comfortably and healthfully reduce sugar and sugar cravings in this article.
- Tips for Getting Nourishing Foods into picky eaters: The summer days of s’mores, endless barbeques and ice cream cones are quickly fading as autumn ushers in back-to-school as well as intentions for setting good habits for the year ahead. This time of year tends to mean a return to less-frivolous eating and a renewed focus on better nutrition all around. Even with an apple in every lunch box, a surprising amount of children aren’t hitting their daily requirements for fruit and vegetable consumption! Get some ideas in this article to sneak a few more fruits and veggies into your kids’ lunches – and maybe you’ll learn a few things for your own lunches!
- Tips for Enhancing Mindfulness Naturally: Everyone needs a little calm in their life – children are no different! Learn the value of mindfulness in this article – and learn to be mindful along side your children.
People are looking for an effective solution to their cholesterol problem. Sytrinol can be that solution. And you only have to take it once a day!
What is Sytrinol?
Sytrinol is a patented ingredient derived from the rind of orange and tangerine and palm fruit extracts. Multiple studies show that Sytrinol’s active compounds (polymethoxylated flavones and palm tocotrienols) make it an effective and natural cholesterol-lowering supplement that not only lowers LDL ‘bad’ cholesterol but also increases HDL ‘good’ cholesterol. The therapeutic ingredients in Sytrinol are also powerful antioxidants that help to control inflammation, inhibit arterial plaque formation, and reduce blood platelet aggregation (clumping).
The Role of Cholesterol in Health
There are few substances as controversial as cholesterol. Although cholesterol often gets a bad rap, cholesterol is necessary to manufacture our male and female hormones and it is used to patch and repair injuries in the body. It is also essential to the synthesis of vitamin D, and the production of bile acids needed for fat digestion.
HDL vs LDL Cholesterol
While some cholesterol is good for us, too much of the wrong kind can clog arteries and increase the risk of heart disease and stroke. In simple terms, cholesterol becomes a health concern when there is a high level of the “bad” low-density lipoproteins (LDL) combined with a low level of the “good” high-density lipoproteins (HDL).
Sytrinol Research Studies Show Great Results
Three separate studies showed that taking 300 mg of Sytrinol a day for four weeks (less than 30 days) lowered total cholesterol by 25 to 30 per cent. Sytrinol also lowered “bad” LDL cholesterol by 19-22 percent and triglycerides by 24-34 per cent. And not only did Sytrinol lower LDL, it also increased levels of the “good” HDL cholesterol.
More Good News!
10 Simple Healthy Heart Habits
- Drink plenty of water
- Eat lots of high-fibre foods
- Increase plant-source proteins like hemp and rice
- Fill up on veggies
- Eat more apples and citrus fruit
- Include whole grains in your daily diet
- Eat a few walnuts every day
- Eat more flax, hemp and buckwheat
- Reduce the sodium in your diet
- Eliminate soft drinks
By Renew Life Canada
If you lined up 10 random Canadians, 9 of them would have at least one risk factor for heart disease or stroke (smoking, alcohol, physical inactivity, obesity, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, diabetes). That is 90% of the population! That number, while high, might not be all that surprising with the state of our health and dietary choices. What is surprising is that the underlying cause of many of those risk factors is inflammation. Not the sort of inflammation that occurs when you injure yourself but SILENT INFLAMMATION and it could be killing you.
There are two types of inflammation; Acute and Silent. One is good, the other is bad.
Acute Inflammation: This is good. It is the body’s local, protective reaction to injury or infection. Swelling, redness, and pain trigger the healing response. This is what happens when you slam your finger in the door. The inflammation is needed to heal the injury.
Silent or Chronic Inflammation: This is bad. It is a deep, low grade inflammatory attack within the cells. It can’t be seen or felt and it damages the body rather than heals.
Silent inflammation is the root cause of many chronic and debilitating diseases such as heart, arthritis, autoimmune, asthma and inflammatory bowel disease. Interestingly, three of the biggest risk factors for cardiovascular disease are also SIGNS of silent inflammation; high cholesterol, high blood pressure and high blood sugar. Silent inflammation is a major health concern but the solution is well within reach. One very effective way to combat silent inflammation is to consume more omega-3 fatty acids found in fish. Omega-3 fatty acids, especially EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid), have a strong anti-inflammatory effect in the body. In fact, there are over 7000 published studies on the health benefits of omega-3 fatty acids and much of this research is focused on inflammation and heart health. Since our body does not manufacture omega-3 fatty acids on its own, it is very important that they are acquired through a healthy daily diet. However, the typical Canadian diet is severely deficient in these. In fact, omega-3 fatty acid deficiency is ranked number 8 on the Harvard School of Public Health’s list of Preventable Causes of Death. Repairing this deficiency of omega-3 fats in the body by taking a high potency fish oil supplement will help improve, alleviate, or even eliminate inflammatory conditions in the body.
Do you know…
the difference between grain-finished and grass-finished beef? Typically most cows have eaten grass for the majority of their lives, however the last 90-160 days of the animals’ diet may have a greater impact than you may think…
– Grain-finished beef –
Typically the cattle will start their first 7-9 months on a diet of forage (grass, legumes and other forage) however, in the last 90- 160 days the cattle will be transferred onto a high energy ration so they gain weight in preparation of going to market. During this time several of the important nutrients in beef decline heavily due to the grain diet, such as omega-3 and CLA (conjugated linoleic acid).
Consumers are generally more accustomed to purchasing grain-finished beef products available in most supermarkets. It can be distinguished by the bright red meat with white marbling.
– Grass-finished beef –
Cattle is fed nothing outside of their natural diet of grass and other forage items that their digestive system is used to. However, as the grass-finished cattle does not grow as large as the grain-finished, the price tends to be higher due to less yield per animal, as well as the additional time out at pasture for the animals to grow to a marketable size. The meat is less marbled and often described as tasting ‘grassy’ and typically has a chewier texture. The nutritional value is much higher, however due to its texture, people often reject the meat as poor quality compared to the industry standard.
– Certified Organic Beef from Hills Food –
Grazing on grass for the majority of its life, the beef we carry from Hills Foods cattle are switched to a certified organic grain diet for only the last 60 days. This short time is not long enough to cause the same health problems found in conventional grain-finished beef so this beef retains some of the good omega 3 and CLA nutrients. As well, this diet allows the beef to contain excellent marbling of fat which gives consumers the juicy flavourful meat they desire!
Thanks to Hills Foods for this article