Digest-Force Activates Healthy Digestion!
Indigestion is a pain. Literally. More people suffer from chronic indigestion than from any other condition. Activate good digestion quickly with Digest-ForceTM Activated Coconut Charcoal & Ginger Root Extract, the newest member in Prairie Naturals Digestive Health product category.
What are the Ingredients in Digest-Force & What Do They Do?
Digest-Force combines the therapeutic power of activated charcoal from coconut husks with ginger root extract. Blending traditional practices with herbal medicine, this unique formula provides rapid relief from indigestion safely and effectively.
• Charcoal from Coconut Husks – It’s a fact that our planet’s original detoxifying agent is charcoal! Prairie Naturals coconut charcoal is “activated” through a carbonproducing process using high heat, pressure and steam. This process expands the therapeutic “adsorption” (suction) effect of charcoal by making it more porous and expanding its surface area. Prairie Naturals Digest-ForceTM formula with activated coconut charcoal has the distinct power to neutralize and eliminate various toxic substances (including allergens) by binding them unto itself and moving them safely out of the body. In fact, activated charcoal has proven so effective and safe that it is routinely used in hospitals as an antidote to drug and poison toxicity!
• Ginger Root (Zingiber officinale) Extract (10:1) – This traditional medicinal is revered as one of the world’s most ancient and effective digestive remedies. Extensive scientific analyses indicate that the primary active constituents (phytochemical terpenes gingerol and shogaol, along with oleoresin) aid & protect the digestive tract. The therapeutic use of ginger extract immediately reduces indigestion, gas, bloating and nausea.
10 Important Things You Need to Know About Digest-Force
- Digest-Force provides an adsorption function that has a detoxifying effect.
- Digest-Force combines activated coconut charcoal combined with ginger extract to rapidly alleviate the pain and discomfort of bloating and gas.
- Digest-Force neutralizes excessive stomach acid; relieves ulcers and acid reflux.
- Digest-Force remedies the discomfort caused by overeating and eating irritating, allergenic foods.
- Digest-Force is an integral part of every digestive health and detoxification program.
- Digest-Force quickly and safely alleviates symptoms of indigestion and intestinal distress.
- Digest-Force helps to heal intestinal inflammation.
- Digest-Force combats food poisoning, toxins and pollutants.
- Digest-Force reduces intestinal infections from viral, bacterial, yeast and mold sources.
- Digest-Force corrects many of the root causes of diarrhea effectively.
CLEAN, GRASS FED PROTEIN!
The milk for fermented GREEK YOGURT proteins+, is sourced from a California Dairy farm that is highly conscious of, and committed to ethical and sustainable practices. The cows are raised, pastured and farmed in California, producing the milk used to make fermented GREEK YOGURT proteins+, a grass fed dairy, free from: Gluten, Soy , GMO’s, hormones, and antibiotics.
Non-GMO Project Verified for All 12 Bar Soaps
South of France was awarded Non-GMO certification recently for all 12 bar soaps. The verification is an assurance that a product has been produced according to consensus-based best practices for GMO avoidance, helping you make informed shopping decisions. To find out more, visit http://www.nongmoproject.org/learn-more/understanding-our-seal/.
Sustainable Palm Oil
South of France products have also been certified by the Roundtable for Sustainable Palm Oil. The RSPO was formed in 2004 with the objective of promoting the growth and use of sustainable palm oil products through the use of a global standard that we and our suppliers fully support. For more information, please visit www.rspo.org.
The appearance of this seal on the South of France bar soap cartons and hand wash certifies the following:
That South of France Natural Body Care Bar Soaps adhere to the Celiac Sprue Association – CSA standards. Their bar soap is free of wheat, barley, rye, and common oats, their crosses and derivatives and products, processing and packaging; or that innovative products have been crafted to remove the gluten from the finished product. Verification testing must confirm no detectable gluten using the most appropriate analysis for the product. Visit CSA at www.csaceliacs.org or call toll-free 877 CSA-4-CSA.
All products have been certified by the Coalition for Consumer Information on Cosmetics’ Leaping Bunny Program. No animal testing is used in any phase of product development by South of France Natural Body Care, its laboratories or suppliers. For more information, please visit www.leapingbunny.org.
The South of France packaging is fully recyclable. Their bottles are manufactured from a minimum of 30% post consumer waste and their cartons are Forest Stewardship Council certified. For more information on recycling symbols, please visit www.recyclenow.com. To learn more about the Forest Stewardship Council, please visit us.fsc.org.
Keeping it simple with a lightly seasoned acorn squash.
Best thing about these – no peeling involved! Bake with the skin on and you get a bit of added texture with the melt-in-your-mouth squash.
- 1 acorn squash, sliced in .5″ rounds
- 2 Tbsp. Alpha Organic Fair Trade Red Palm Olein
- 1 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. cracked pepper
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread squash rings evenly along baking sheet.
- Mix seasoning, salt and pepper with Red Palm Olein. Drizzle over top squash rings.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until centers are soft.
- Remove from oven. Sprinkle with a little extra salt and pepper to taste. Top with parsley.
Thanks to Alpha Health for providing this amazingly simple and super tasty recipe!
An antioxidant for the maintenance of good health
Astaxanthin is both a fat and water soluble antioxidant in the carotenoid family. It has been shown to have a much stronger antioxidant activity than many other types, including vitamin E, C, CoQ10 and lutein. Gandalf Astaxanthin™ is grown and manufactured without use of any solvents, pesticides, or herbicides. Naturally found in lobster, salmon, and shrimp, Gandalf Astaxanthin™ goes straight to the source with a microalgae producing the astaxanthin and providing a finished vegan product. Clinical studies to date have focused on its antioxidant properties across a wide spectrum of human health issues related to skin, eye, brain, cardiovascular, and joint health.
Dave Chhoker is a customer of ours who blows our mind with the humanitarian work he does! He’s quietly doing so much good – we thought everyone should know about it! So we asked our Leslie 2 to interview Dave and write us a quick article about what he does and why he does it.
We hope that this will bring some interesting farming alternatives to your attention, and that you’ll be inspired by a single person making a world of difference in many people’s lives.
Way to go Dave!
Dave Chhoker uses new/ancient farming techniques to improve farming in India
“It’s called Rishi Krishi,” Surrey’s Dave Chhoker says of an irrigation system that originated in ancient India from one of the four parts of the Veda—ancient scripture that deals with agriculture—once farmed by sages and saints. According to Chhoker, farmers would scrape the soil from under a Banyan tree—an extremely large and holy tree. “There are these hanging roots ,” Chhoker says, describing how they drip hormones and enzymes into the soil creating a substance known as Angara or holy ash.
It takes 15 kilograms of Angara to be sprinkled upon one acre of field, which is then flooded with water to irrigate it. “It works like a yogurt culture,” Chhoker explains, “starting the growth of micro-organisms in the soil. The healthier the micro-organisms, the healthier the crop.”
Chhoker himself has six acres in India and uses his farm as a tool to teach other farmers how to go back to the ancient and self-sustaining methods of farming, using his own successes as an example. Rishi Krishi is just one of them. Another is what is known as the Sulab system which takes human waste and through the use of two separate pits (customized to fit the size of the farm and family) allows one pit to fill with excreta and other human waste while the other filled pit is sealed with cement slabs and allowed to compost or “percolate” for two full years.
The pathogens are eaten up by bacteria in the soil, leaving behind “a nice smelling manure.” A manure loaded with natural nutrients. “It is very successful, very cheap, very practical.”
A nectar comprised of honey, ghee, cow dung and water is used while the crops are growing which enhances the growth of micro-organisms in the soil. Whatever is put in the ground provides the activation. It is, Chhokar states, a self-sustaining system. “You are not dependent on anyone.”
Chhokar describes modern India as having turned away from these ancient forms of farming in favour of chemicals and genetically modified seeds (GMO). He laments the plight of modern farmers who have been “victimized” by the lure of an easy crop with little to no weeding, only to lose everything to drought. The farmers—now in debt to the chemical companies—must sell whatever crops survived to the pay the bills. Any GMO crops that are kept to feed their families are engineered to be sterile so the farmers have no choice but to buy more of this seed for next year’s crop. When the farmers can no longer pay the chemical and GMO seed corporations, they lose their farms.
“The dependence on chemical agriculture in India is creating a lot of farmers and their families to commit suicide, jumping into their wells,” Chhokar says, adding that most farms have been in the family for generations and it is an “honour” issue, a “losing face,” when the farms are lost.
“It is a huge problem in India.”
by Leslie MacFarlane
Leslie 2 (L2 for short!) is a writer and she also provides exceptional customer care at the back end of the store. Feel free to ask her for help whenever you see her – she’s happy to help you.