Are you losing your hair, or suffering from thinning hair?
Sadly, you’re not alone! 40% of women will suffer hair loss by the age of forty. And 50% of men will suffer by the age of fifty. And the likelihood of hair loss only increases with age. While hair loss itself isn’t a life-threatening issue, the psychological damage caused by hair loss + feeling unattractive can be extremely distressing and undermining to self-esteem.
So what causes hair loss?
- Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) is a naturally occurring hormone in women and men. It causes the hair follicles to shrink, reducing the flow of blood and nutrients to the follicle and resulting in progressively finer and thinner hair until the hair is too weak to survive.
- Damaged or hypo-functioning hair follicles caused by products and styling, medications, health conditions (e.g., hypothyroid, diabetes, autoimmune conditions), physical or emotional stress, etc.
- Lack of healthy hair nutrients due to poor diet, weak digestion, and poor circulation.
The ONLY way to ensure sustained, healthy hair growth is to heal + nourish the body. The BEST way to do this is with an abundant supply of hair-healthy nutrients. You can ACHIEVE this with a healthy, balanced diet + a supplement formulated specifically for hair.
Not all products offer the same results!
Some hair supplements combat DHT to help stop hair loss. Others repair damaged hair follicles. Still others nourish hair follicles with nutrients they need for healthy hair growth. Only Hair Essentials does all three - plus so much more! Hair Essentials is a blend of more than 20 time-tested, tradition-honored, and scientifically researched ingredients.
Vegetarian and cruelty free ingredients.
No controversial ingredients including collagen from factory-farmed animals or marine proteins such as cartilage from shark fins. Certified gluten-free, nonGMO, and complete disclosure of all ingredients, certificate of analysis on every batch.
But is there proof?
Hair Essentials is backed by a human clinical trial. Completed in September 2014, the results of the clinical study indicate that Hair Essentials is statistically significant in:
- Reducing hair loss/shedding/thinning
- Increasing hair growth and coverage on scalp
- Improving overall hair condition and appearance of hair
- Improving quality of life and emotional wellbeing of users
Insider Tip: Hair Essentials will be on sale in February 2017 at Organic Grocer …
Not all chemicals are “unnatural” and dangerous to human or environmental health. There are many natural chemicals such as the ones found in grapefruit seeds and apple cider vinegar which are beneficial to our health and environment. Here’s a sample list of some of the health-endangering ingredients that Prairie Naturals never uses in any of our hair care products.
Prairie Naturals Hair Care formulas deliver the cleansing, conditioning & styling support your hair needs without the use of harmful ingredients. Prairie Naturals Hair Care products create beautiful, healthy hair without dangerous ingredients.
Beautiful Hair without Dangerous Ingredients
ULTRA-SIL™ 500 mg
- Promotes beautifully healthy hair, skin and nails!
- Supports the skeletal system
- Provides superior source of organic silica
- Aqueous extract of Spring Horsetail (Equisetum arvense)
- Specially processed for best assimilation
- Rich source of trace minerals
- Strengthens bones
- Counteracts stress, illness, hormonal imbalances
- Stimulates maximum growth of hair follicle
- 22 natural nutrients restore, repair & nourish
- Creates beautiful, healthy hair from within
- Easy-to-absorb softgels
- Minimizes hair loss
- Love Your Hair!
Prairie Naturals award-winning hair care products are formulated with natural ingredients to give you beautiful, healthy looking hair without the questionable additives. Each Prairie Naturals Hair Care formula is carefully crafted using the rich, nourishing ingredients found in nature…moisturizing Jojoba oil and Shea butter, soothing Aloe Vera and stimulating Tea Tree oil are but a few of the precious ingredients that work to give you healthy, manageable, gorgeous hair. Our premium quality, award-winning shampoos, conditioners and styling aids deliver the results you demand with concentrated nutrients, botanical extracts and pure plant essential oils.
Here’s a sample list of some of the health-endangering ingredients that Prairie Naturals never uses in any of our hair care products. You’ll quickly see why.
- most widely used, broad-spectrum preservatives worldwide Also known as methyl-, propyl, butyl- and ethyl- parabens or under the name Germaben, these toxic substances can be absorbed through the skin, are linked to developmental and reproductive toxicity as well as toxicity in wildlife. They are weakly estrogenic (may cause hormone dependent cancers) and can negatively impact the immune system.
- Sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS) and its chemical cousins are standard ingredients in anything that foams. They are among the most irritating ingredients in personal care products causing dandruff-like scalp conditions, skin rashes, eye and lung irritations, and are also toxic to aquatic organisms. It is frequently disguised in semi-natural cosmetics with the explanation “comes from coconut”.
- This chemical threesome: DEA (diethanolamine), MEA (monoethanolamine) and TEA (triethanolamine) and related compounds are used as foaming or emulsifying agents and can form cancer-causing compounds called nitrosamines when they come in contact with other nitrogen containing compounds found in cosmetics.
- Propylene glycol, often used as an emulsifier/moisturizer, is a petrochemical also used in antifreeze and brake fluid. It is an inexpensive, synthetic humectant and emulsifier. Known as a primary irritant to skin, eyes and lungs, it penetrates the skin very quickly and may encourage liver and kidney issues.
- A synthetic emollient, it’s the most extensively used ingredient in body care products and the single greatest cause of breakouts in women who use a new product. While covering the skin, it clogs pores and traps toxins and wastes inside the skin layers preventing the skins ability to respire.
- Phthalates (pronounced tha-lates) are industrial plasticizers known to be one of the foremost dangers found in cosmetics and personal care products. Dozens of studies have shown that phthalates disrupt and inhibit normal hormonal functions, causing infertility and birth defects.
- The chemical colours used in shampoos and scores of other products are labeled as FD&C or D&C followed by a color and a number. These synthetic colours are made from coal tar and contain heavy metal salts that can deposit toxins onto the skin and cause cancer.
- Artificial fragrances can generate a variety of instant adverse reactions including headaches, dizziness, rash, redness, violent coughing and vomiting. These chemical fragrances often contain a toxic cocktail of more than 200 chemicals including endocrine disrupting phthalates.
It is estimated by experts that 90% of North Americans are extremely deficient in minerals and trace minerals. This is due in a large part to mineral depletion in the soil from aggressive farming and soil erosion. It goes without saying, without adequate minerals in the soil, there will not be enough minerals in our food.
This is a huge problem considering the importance minerals play in our bodies.
Our bodies are complex systems of electrical charges and impulses that require minerals and trace minerals for optimal health.
The body uses minerals for building strong bones & teeth, for blood, skin & hair, nerve function, for muscle contraction and relaxation. Even minerals are needed for metabolic processes such as turning food into energy.
Since we can no longer look to our food to provide us with enough minerals for general health; we need to supplement and we can look to sea water as a natural source.
ConcenTrace® Trace Mineral Drops is a 100% natural mineral concentrate with 72 naturally occurring ionic trace minerals from the Great Salt Lake, with 99% sodium removed through solar evaporation.
What’s important to note is that ConcenTrace® isn’t actually something that’s made, it has been given to us by Mother Nature and found in the inland seawaters of the Great Salt Lakes.
Taking ConcenTrace® every day ensures you’re getting a full spectrum of ionic trace minerals, which are bioavailable ionic trace minerals just like those found in foods. Since its 100% natural; our bodies intrinsically know what to do with it.
ConcenTrace® can be used for bone & joint health, to balance pH in the body, to nourish hair & nails from within, to normalize bowel function, for circulatory health and to enhance the absorption of vitamins and has many other uses.
ConcenTrace® has a GRAS rating, is NON GMO and can safely be given to pets, children & even plants.
By Amber Allen
by Sonia Chartier, on 7 April 2015
Is your hair limp and falling off or strong and shiny? Contrary to what many believe, what our hair looks like is not just about genetics, styling, shampoos and conditioners.
Like your skin, your hair showcases your health and yes, your mental state.
The anatomic structure of the hair, like so many other things in the body, is a technical miracle. Although the hair has no feeling, it is not dead matter. It can best be compared to a plant with a bulb shaped root. The hair root or bulb is embedded in the skin about 3-5 mm deep, and is connected by blood vessels from which it receives the nutrients necessary for the hair to grow. The daily rate of growth is about ¼ to ½mm. Great mental disturbance and agitation are observable in hair, when viewed under a microscope, as notches or variable depths. So it is possible, for example, to discover if someone has had a nervous breakdown the previous year by examining the hair.
A healthy hair is strong, able to support a weight of about 80 g without snapping. A diseased hair however will tear when a weight of 30-40 g is suspended from it. Of course the resistance of a single hair depends also upon its relative thickness. Generally speaking, the more refined our food and stressful our lifestyle, the thinner our hair.
External care will no doubt benefit your hair. However, if you do not see to the order of your internal body, and do not take sufficient nutrients, all external treatments will be of little use. Indeed, diet is very important for hair growth. Without the B vitamins and sufficient iron, zinc and protein, hair growth may be less than ideal. It does takes about three to four months for changes to take place in the appearance of your hair, as the new hairs have to grow long enough to make a difference.
By eliminating any internal deficiencies, the appearance of the hair will improve. A lack of silica may be causing a problem. Silica is necessary for the rebuilding of all connective tissue, including hair, skin and nails. Incorporating silica-rich millet in your diet will help. Otherwise, taking a supplement containing Silica for three to four months will thicken your hair and as a bonus, will also improve skin tone and elasticity and nail strength. A preparation containing Stinging nettle, calcium from nettles and silica may be used to speed up hair growth. It works quickly and also strengthens brittle nails by improving the way the body absorbs calcium.
Stress seems to sneak back on the topic of every single health issue, even the look of your hair! Stress happens to use up valuable nutrients such as the B vitamins, a lack of which will have a repercussion on hair growth. Stress also causes scalp tension, which tightens the follicles and may cause shedding, and which restricts the amount of oxygen and other nutrients being delivered to the scalp by the bloodstream. You could help yourself by gently massaging your head, go outside and exercise to stimulate your circulatory system, and if you need further help to manage your stress, you could read up on it here.
There is one more reason why you should manage your stress: it is possible that it impacts greying as well. Whether your hair greys in your twenties, forties or sixties is largely thanks to your genetic heritage. However, it is well known that stress produces free radicals, particularly hydrogen peroxide. Well, we all know that hydrogen peroxide bleaches. If excess hydrogen peroxide accumulates in the hair follicle, it may in fact have an impact on the colour.
Medication can affect your hair in many ways. Some medication will cause excess hair growth or hair loss while others can change its colour or even its texture. Many very common medications can have effects on hair, including oral contraceptive, acne medication (retinoid), antibiotics, antidepressants, nsaids, immune suppressants and psoriasis medication. These side effects are usually reversible once medication is stopped.
Hair loss can also be a sign that your thyroid gland is not functioning properly. If you are noticing that your hair is falling off more than normal, it is wise to consult your healthcare practitioner.
How do you know you are loosing too much hair?
It is easy enough to test by grabbing a strand of hair the size of a pen, close to the head and pulling up. You should not have more than a hair or two staying in your hand; if there is 6 or 7, it is too much.
Nature to the rescue
Foods to favour for your hair:
Eggs, beans, nuts, dark leafy vegetables, dried fruits – especially dates and raisins, brown rice, pumpkin seeds, oats, adzuki beans, lecithin, brewer’s yeast, wheat germ and millet.
Since hair contains silica, iron, copper, arsenic, manganese and sulphur, it stands to reason that plants in which these elements are found prove to be excellent for its care.
You could also try A.Vogel Hair, Skin and Nails, which contains nutrient rich ingredients for your hair:
- Millet seed extract – a good source of silica. It also contains protein, important for providing the keratin of which hair is mostly made, and B vitamins
- Stinging nettles – which contain silica, calcium and iron
- Brewer’s Yeast – a great food source of B vitamins,
- Zinc – important for the metabolism of proteins.
Enjoying a more natural way of life with plenty of exercise with a wholesome diet will surely be reflected in the condition of your hair!
DON’T FORGET: Buy 2 A.Vogel Products, receive an A.Vogel Hair, Skin & Nails for FREE! While supplies last!
Gleaned from A.Vogel’s Blog
40% of women will suffer hair loss by the age of forty.
50% of men will suffer hair loss by the age of fifty.
And the likelihood of hair loss only increases with age.
While hair loss itself isn’t a life-threatening issue, the psychological damage caused by hair loss and feeling unattractive can be extremely distressing and undermining to a person’s self-esteem.
So what causes hair loss?
- Hormonal imbalances ( e.g., menopause/perimenopause, PCOS)
- Prolonged stress or a stressful event (e.g., surgery, illness, dramatic weight loss, pregnancy, telogen effluvium)
- Thyroid disorders (e.g., Hashimoto, hypothyroid, hyperthyroid)
- Autoimmune disorders (e.g., alopecia areata, lupus)
- Genetics (heredity, androgenic (androgenetic) alopecia, female/male pattern hair loss)
- Diet (nutritional deficiencies, anemia)
- Side effects of some medications (e.g., antidepressants, high blood pressure meds, diabetes meds, NSAIDs, hormonal contraceptives)
- Styling practices and products, hair extensions/weaves, colouring, straightening, perming etc.
Let’s get even more specific…
- Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) is a naturally-occurring hormone in women and men that causes hair follicles to shrink, reducing the flow of blood and nutrients to the follicle and resulting in progressively finer and thinner hair until the hair is too weak to survive.
- Damaged or dormant hair follicles caused by products and styling, physical or emotional stress, as well as some drugs..
- Lack of healthy hair nutrients due to poor diet or poor circulation.
The ONLY way to ensure sustained, healthy hair growth is to heal and nourish the body. The best way to do that is with an abundant supply of hair-healthy nutrients. You can supply those nutrients through a healthy, balanced diet and a supplement formulated specifically for hair. Hair Essentials is undeniably the most comprehensive hair supplement on the market.
So what makes Hair Essentials unique?
The formula: A blend of more than 20 time-tested, tradition-honoured, scientifically-researched ingredients.
Some hair supplements combat DHT to help stop hair loss.
Some hair supplements repair damaged hair follicles.
Some hair supplements nourish hair follicles with nutrients needed for healthy hair growth.
Only Hair Essentials does all three… plus so much more!
How does one take Hair Essentials?
- 3 capsules per day.
- Take for at least 90 days to see best results.
- Natural supplements take time to build up in the system. Hair follicles also need time to cycle through their resting phase before re-entering the growth phase and growing new hair.
What are some typical customer results?
- 4-6 weeks = Decreased shedding + hair loss.
- 3 months = Dramatic improvement and faster hair growth
- We recommend to use Hair Essentials for at least 90 days to see best results, as natural supplements take time to build up in the system. Hair follicles also need time to cycle through their resting phase before re-entering the growth phase and growing new hair.