This is a guest post written by Erica Streick, CNP from Organika’s Blog
These gluten free vegan protein balls are a great way to get a kick of energy during you midday slump without overloading on processed sugars and empty calories.
The cacao nibs add a nice crunch while providing high amounts of antioxidants like polyphenols, which are great for anti-aging and cardiovascular health. This snack is fiber rich making it great for blood sugar regulation, colon health, as well as keeping you satiated for longer. I added a scoop of Organika® Vege Pro plant-based protein powder to offer 21g of plant-based protein. This protein has a unique blend of 8 medicinal mushrooms containing adaptogenic and immune-modulating properties to give your immune system a boost.
Not only are these energy balls full of nutrients but they taste like a treat and satisfy any sweet cravings you may have. I make these ahead of time and keep them in the freezer since they are great for work, pre workout snacks and sweet cravings alike!
Chocolate Protein Balls
- 1 scoop of Organika® Vege Pro
- 1/4 cup organic gluten free oats
- 1/2 cup organic nut butter of choice (pecan butter is amazing)
- 5 organic medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tbsp organic cacao powder
- 1 tbsp organic cacao nibs
- 2 tbsp water (if required)
- Place all of the ingredients into a food processor or high speed blender, and blend until the mixture becomes a dough-like consistency.
- Roll the dough in 1-inch balls and place in a container in the fridge or freezer.
Ultimate Maca Energy
Ultimate Maca Energy is made with 100% pure, traditionally sundried, natural and certified organic maca root grown exclusively in the Andean highland zones of Peru at altitudes of 14,000 ft. Ultimate Maca Energy maca root has many health benefits and scientifically tested properties. In addition to being a source of vitamins, minerals, protein, amino acids and complex carbohydrates, Ultimate Maca Energy also contains an impressive array of bioactive components and antioxidants, which are responsible for its numerous benefits.
The Various Benefits of Maca
Maca is a well-known and powerful adaptogen, which means that it is a substance that helps to increase the body’s natural resistance to environmental stresses. Recent human clinical studies have provided convincing scientific evidence supporting supplementation for healthy mood balance during menopause.
How Maca Works
Maca is loaded with vital nutrients in bioavailable forms which assist the body in its on-going process of regeneration, ultimately helping to replenish and recuperate from different problems and providing ultimate balance and wellbeing. Its actions focus mainly on the hypothalamus and pituitary glands, assisting the body in balancing hormones. This is where the main benefits associated with maca can be noted (e.g. mood balance).
Ultimate Maca Energy is certified by the Natural Agricultural U
niversity of La Molina in Peru and also by Skal. The National Agricultural University of La Molina in Peru is an independent entity funded by the government of Peru that oversees all the agricultural and related activities in different areas of the country.
Learn even more here
Digest-Force Activates Healthy Digestion!
Indigestion is a pain. Literally. More people suffer from chronic indigestion than from any other condition. Activate good digestion quickly with Digest-ForceTM Activated Coconut Charcoal & Ginger Root Extract, the newest member in Prairie Naturals Digestive Health product category.
What are the Ingredients in Digest-Force & What Do They Do?
Digest-Force combines the therapeutic power of activated charcoal from coconut husks with ginger root extract. Blending traditional practices with herbal medicine, this unique formula provides rapid relief from indigestion safely and effectively.
• Charcoal from Coconut Husks – It’s a fact that our planet’s original detoxifying agent is charcoal! Prairie Naturals coconut charcoal is “activated” through a carbonproducing process using high heat, pressure and steam. This process expands the therapeutic “adsorption” (suction) effect of charcoal by making it more porous and expanding its surface area. Prairie Naturals Digest-ForceTM formula with activated coconut charcoal has the distinct power to neutralize and eliminate various toxic substances (including allergens) by binding them unto itself and moving them safely out of the body. In fact, activated charcoal has proven so effective and safe that it is routinely used in hospitals as an antidote to drug and poison toxicity!
• Ginger Root (Zingiber officinale) Extract (10:1) – This traditional medicinal is revered as one of the world’s most ancient and effective digestive remedies. Extensive scientific analyses indicate that the primary active constituents (phytochemical terpenes gingerol and shogaol, along with oleoresin) aid & protect the digestive tract. The therapeutic use of ginger extract immediately reduces indigestion, gas, bloating and nausea.
10 Important Things You Need to Know About Digest-Force
- Digest-Force provides an adsorption function that has a detoxifying effect.
- Digest-Force combines activated coconut charcoal combined with ginger extract to rapidly alleviate the pain and discomfort of bloating and gas.
- Digest-Force neutralizes excessive stomach acid; relieves ulcers and acid reflux.
- Digest-Force remedies the discomfort caused by overeating and eating irritating, allergenic foods.
- Digest-Force is an integral part of every digestive health and detoxification program.
- Digest-Force quickly and safely alleviates symptoms of indigestion and intestinal distress.
- Digest-Force helps to heal intestinal inflammation.
- Digest-Force combats food poisoning, toxins and pollutants.
- Digest-Force reduces intestinal infections from viral, bacterial, yeast and mold sources.
- Digest-Force corrects many of the root causes of diarrhea effectively.
Photography Credit: Elise Bauer
Guacamole, a dip made from avocados, is originally from Mexico. The name is derived from two Aztec Nahuatl words—ahuacatl (avocado) and molli (sauce).
All you really need to make guacamole is ripe avocados and salt. After that, a little lime or lemon juice—a splash of acidity to balance the richness of the avocado. Then comes chopped cilantro, chiles, onion, and tomato, if you want.
The trick to making perfect guacamole is using good, ripe avocados. Check for ripeness by gently pressing the outside of the avocado. If there is no give, the avocado is not ripe yet and will not taste good. If there is a little give, the avocado is ripe. If there is a lot of give, the avocado may be past ripe and not good. In this case, taste test first before using.
How to Make Perfect Guacamole Recipe
Be careful handling chiles if using. Wash your hands thoroughly after handling and do not touch your eyes or the area near your eyes with your hands for several hours.
- 2 ripe organic avocados
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher / Himalayan salt
- 1 Tbsp of fresh organic lime juice or lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp to 1/4 cup of minced organic red onion or thinly sliced organic green onion
- 1-2 organic serrano chiles, stems and seeds removed, minced
- 2 tablespoons organic cilantro (leaves and tender stems), finely chopped
- A dash of freshly grated black pepper
- 1/2 ripe organic tomato, seeds and pulp removed, chopped
Garnish with organic red radishes or jicama. Serve with gluten free tortilla chips.
1 Cut avocado, remove flesh: Cut the avocados in half. Remove seed. Score the inside of the avocado with a blunt knife and scoop out the flesh with a spoon. (See How to Cut and Peel an Avocado.) Place in a bowl.
2 Mash with a fork: Using a fork, roughly mash the avocado. (Don’t overdo it! The guacamole should be a little chunky.)
3 Add salt, lime juice, and the rest: Sprinkle with salt and lime (or lemon) juice. The acid in the lime juice will provide some balance to the richness of the avocado and will help delay the avocados from turning brown.
Add the chopped onion, cilantro, black pepper, and chiles. Chili peppers vary individually in their hotness. So, start with a half of one chili pepper and add to the guacamole to your desired degree of hotness.
Remember that much of this is done to taste because of the variability in the fresh ingredients. Start with this recipe and adjust to your taste.
4 Cover with plastic and chill to store: Place plastic wrap on the surface of the guacamole cover it and to prevent air reaching it. (The oxygen in the air causes oxidation which will turn the guacamole brown.) Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Chilling tomatoes hurts their flavor, so if you want to add chopped tomato to your guacamole, add it just before serving.
For a very quick guacamole just take a 1/4 cup of salsa and mix it in with your mashed avocados.
Feel free to experiment! One classic Mexican guacamole has pomegranate seeds and chunks of peaches in it (a Diana Kennedy favorite). Try guacamole with added pineapple, mango, or strawberries.
The simplest version of guacamole is just mashed avocados with salt. Don’t let the lack of availability of other ingredients stop you from making guacamole.
To extend a limited supply of avocados, add either sour cream or cottage cheese to your guacamole dip. Purists may be horrified, but so what? It tastes great.
For a deviled egg version with guacamole, try our Guacamole Deviled Eggs!
Read more: http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/perfect_guacamole/#ixzz4KRkUXM1T
Coconut whipped cream offers all the health benefits of coconut oil (MCT’s, Lauric Acid, etc.) while providing you a novel and tasty way to enjoy these benefits. Why not try a recipe for your Valentine’s Day desert? Coconut whipped cream is great with heart shaped (gluten-free) brownies, organic fruit, or even chocolate almond pudding. Honestly, I eat it a bit too often!!!
You can make two types of whipped cream – a soft whip, or a firm whip. Here’s how to make each version:
Makes 2-3 cups whipped cream
- Firmer Whipped Cream:
- 2 cans (15.33 ounces each) organic coconut milk, refrigerated over night
- 2 Tablespoons Grade A organic maple syrup or local honey
- 1 Teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- Softer Whipped Cream:
- 1 tetra pak of coconut cream, refrigerated over night
- 2 Tablespoons Grade A organic maple syrup or local honey
- 1 Teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- For the firmer whipped cream: scoop off the solid coconut cream from off the top, leaving the liquid behind for another use (add it to your smoothie).
Place the coconut cream, maple syrup or honey, and the vanilla in a mixer and beat on high for 10 minutes until the whipped cream is fluffy.
- For the softer whipped cream: pour the entire tetra pak of coconut cream into a mixer bowl and add the maple syrup or honey and the vanilla. Beat the mixture on high for 15 minutes until the cream is light, fluffy, and holds a very soft peak.
- Serve both types of whipped cream as soon as possible for best results.
The softer whipped cream will usually hold in the refrigerator up to 2 days without separating.
The firmer version usually starts to separate in a day.
- TIP: Keep all your tools ice cold (put your mixing blades and bowl in the freezer for a while before starting this recipe)
We found these tips on: Homemade Coconut Whipped Cream – Food | GI 365 http://gi365.co/food/homemade-coconut-whipped-cream/#ixzz3xkpUAiOp
Follow GI365: @GI_365 on Twitter | GI365 on Facebook
½ cup organic almond butter
½ cup organic dark chia seeds
½ cup organic goji berries
¼ cup organic & fair trade cacao powder
½ tsp organic vanilla extract
1 tbsp honey or organic agave nectar
1 scoop Organika® Vege-Pro®
- Mix ingredients in a food processor
- Roll into golf ball size
- Add topping such as a coconut shavings / crushed almonds / cacao powder
Recipe Supplied by Organika – Copyright © 2015 Organika Health Products Inc.