Renew Life Super Critical Bonus Bottle will be on Sale in May and June 2017
Over 7000 studies on omega-3 fatty acids seem to be telling us YES! Essential Fatty Acids are natural substances your body needs to establish and maintain overall well-being. As the body cannot produce these essential fats on its own, it is very important that they are acquired through a healthy daily diet. However, the typical Canadian diet is severely deficient in these. Daily supplementation with a natural fish oil formula is an ideal source for obtaining the health-promoting benefits of Omega-3 fatty acids.
EFA supplementation can help to maintain good health but also treat certain health conditions such as:
Arthritis and Inflammatory Conditions
The powerful anti-inflammatory properties of Omega-3 oils from fish help reduce stiffness in joints and help relieve joint and muscle pain. This makes fish oils an important supplement for anyone trying to maintain joint health and mobility.
Attention Deficit Disorder and Memory
Recent research reveals that Omega-3’s, specifically DHA, help increase focus and memory retention in children and adults. Omega 3 fatty acids also support normal neurological development in infants.
Cholesterol and Blood Pressure
Omega-3 oils promote healthy cholesterol levels in the body by helping to lower bad cholesterol (LDL) levels and raise good cholesterol (HDL) levels. Clinical research also reveals reductions in blood pressure with the intake of Omega-3 fatty acids.
Depression and Mood Regulation
Regular supplementation of omega 3 fatty acids helps to elevate mood and lessen depression and anxiety. High potency fish oil with added Vitamin D is very useful in treating Seasonal Affective Disorder or the “winter blues”.
Digestive System Health
Regular Omega-3 supplementation helps to soothe and lubricate the bowel, ease elimination and supporting overall digestive health.
There are a lot of fish oil supplements on the market, but Super Critical Omega provides the highest-quality blend of EPA and DHA and exceeds world standards for fish oil quality and purity. Super Critical Omega is one of the strongest fish oil supplements on the market with over a 1 gram of Omega 3 per capsule PLUS 1000 units of Vitamin D3. It is the perfect choice for people dealing with chronic health conditions including depression and IBS.
Ultimate Digestibility with Better Absorption
Ultragest™ enteric coating ensures superior absorption and the fat-digesting enzyme lipase enhances the digestion and utilization of the beneficial oils. This combination eliminates the unpleasant aftertaste and repeating of fishy flavour often experienced with fish oil supplements.
100% Fish-derived Gel Caps
Encapsulated in natural fish-derived gel caps, Super Critical Omega is ideal for fish-eating vegetarians or anyone with religious dietary restrictions.
Quality & Purity Guaranteed
Super Critical Omega is sourced from sustainable wild and unthreatened fish that are found in cold, pristine waters and are naturally lower in environmental toxins such as: mercury, PCB’s and pesticides.
Purity Testing & Certification
Super Critical Omega is subject to a minimum of three purification steps to ensure the highest levels of freshness and the absence of any chemicals, toxins and heavy metals. It has received a 5-star rating by the International Fish Oil Standards (IFOS) program. This proves that it meets or exceeds all national and international standards for purity, potency and freshness.
With all of these benefits it is no surprise that fish oils are one of the most commonly researched and consumed natural health products in the world. Have you taken yours today?
Getting ready to get back to the routine that comes with fall around the corner starts us thinking about making healthier choices. We at the OG are thinking about healthier alternatives as well as our children prep to head back to school. We’re starting to think about getting back to the gym too. Plus there’s all the new sports teams coming up this year!
Phew! It can be overwhelming before it even begins! To help you get organized – and stay calm – we’ve pulled together a list of some of our favourite Back-to-Routine blogs worth revisiting!
- Need Energy? Zip Fuel quickly and safely boosts energy for people of all ages and fitness levels. This tasty beverage boosts the mind, supports the muscles, and provides energy for all those Back to School Activities & Sports (or maybe just getting back to the gym!) Check out Zip Fuel here.
- DHA & Fish Oils are essential for Brain & Eye Health as well as for stabilizing mood (Think ADD, ADHD, Anxiety, Depression, Stress – they all benefit from high quality high dose Omega 3 supplementation). This is really one of those every day for everyone supplements – because literally every cell in your body is made of Omega 3 oils! DHA, supports healthy brain, eye and nerve function in all humans so it’s ideal for expecting and nursing mothers, toddlers and anyone who needs extra brain or eye support. Did you know that over 90% of the omega-3 in the brain and retina is in the form of DHA?
Omega3 fatty acids are crucial for childhood brain development which lays the foundation for learning, behaviour, attention span, mental focus, and mood. Studies have also shown omega-3 fatty acid to be effective for treatment of childhood ADHD.
- Food Allergies in the classroom are a daily concern in the modern classroom – and even some work places. If you have been wondering whether peanut allergies are more common these days, you are indeed correct. Peanut allergies in children more than tripled between 1997 and 2008 in the U.S, presently affecting more than 400,000 children! Learn how to prevent food allergies here.
- Natural Care to get Embarrassing Acne under control before school starts: Every year all of the normal preparation might not be enough to make some kids feel ready for new friends, memories and adventures. If they have acne or other skin problems some kids can be really embarrassed and self-conscious! Learn about the top skin care tips, tricks, and products that can help achieve a clearer complexion in time to head back to school.
- Keeping Sugar Cravings Under Control and Out of the Classroom: The problem is that clearly we, here in Canada, are rarely facing famine. And in fact we often take in a heap more calories than we really need, given the energy we use up (especially sitting quietly at school desks!) We no longer have to fight or dig for our food. The closest we get to burning up energy running after our food is chasing the ice cream van down the street! Learn ways to comfortably and healthfully reduce sugar and sugar cravings in this article.
- Tips for Getting Nourishing Foods into picky eaters: The summer days of s’mores, endless barbeques and ice cream cones are quickly fading as autumn ushers in back-to-school as well as intentions for setting good habits for the year ahead. This time of year tends to mean a return to less-frivolous eating and a renewed focus on better nutrition all around. Even with an apple in every lunch box, a surprising amount of children aren’t hitting their daily requirements for fruit and vegetable consumption! Get some ideas in this article to sneak a few more fruits and veggies into your kids’ lunches – and maybe you’ll learn a few things for your own lunches!
- Tips for Enhancing Mindfulness Naturally: Everyone needs a little calm in their life – children are no different! Learn the value of mindfulness in this article – and learn to be mindful along side your children.
Discover how Children’s Omega-3 can help your child realize their full potential.
Our sugar-free Children’sOmega-3 contains the ideal ratio of 100 mg EPA to 50 mg DHA per softgel, with a subtle burst of natural lemon flavour. Omega3 fatty acids are crucial for childhood brain development which lays the foundation for learning, behaviour, attention span, mental focus, and mood.
Studies have also shown omega-3 fatty acid to be effective for treatment of childhood ADHD. Premium fish-oil supplementation is also a healthy, side effect–free alternative to prescription stimulants (methylphenidate) in the development and maintenance of ongoing mental health from childhood through adolescence.
New Roots Herbal’s Children’sOmega-3 is sourced from deep sea–dwelling sardines and anchovies. They’re tested for purity and potency, as well as for freedom from heavy-metal contamination in our industry-leading analytical laboratory.
Discover how Children’s Omega-3 can help your child realize their full potential.
Omega-3 fatty acids are critical to the optimal development of the nervous system in childhood. These essential fatty acids fuel vigorous brain function, crucial for learning and behavioural development, nervous system integrity, and providing nourishment for healthy eyes. They also establish and maintain the network of veins and capillaries that lay the foundation for a lifetime of cardiovascular and mental wellbeing.
New Roots Herbal’s Children’sOmega-3 chewable softgels deliver the perfect balance of 100 mg of eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and 50 mg of docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), naturally sweetened with stevia and a subtle burst of natural lemon flavour. Softgels are the ideal form of dosage to preserve the potency and therapeutic benefits of omega-3 fatty acids from oxidation. EPA is arguably the most important single agent for promoting optimal mental focus, memory, concentration, and mood, in both adults and children. Studies have shown that EPA-rich omega-3 supplements can reduce ADHD traits, and even reverse criteria for the diagnosis of ADHD, in a considerable percentage of children. Collective data from a 2011 systematic review and meta-analysis of 10 trials of 660 children showed a significant difference with omega-3 fatty acid treatment, and higher doses of EPA rather than DHA within the omega-3 fatty acids supplements were significantly associated with increased effectiveness in treating ADHD symptoms. Based on the strength of this data, a high-EPA fish oil with a minimum 2:1 ratio of EPA:DHA is needed to impact parameters related to mental focus, memory, and concentration. Studies show that a good dose of EPA for children is between 400 and 600 mg per day. A large concentration of omega-3 fatty acids is essential for nerve cell synapses (communication); a deficiency of these critical fatty acids can be a root cause for a host of cognitive disorders. Premium fish oil supplementation also represents a healthy alternative to prescription stimulants (methylphenidate) for the development and maintenance of ongoing mental health. Our Children’s Omega-3 chewable softgels are a healthy way to lay the foundation of sound cognitive function during the formative years of childhood and adolescence.
New Roots Herbal’s premium fish oil is sourced from wild, deep sea–dwelling sardines and anchovies. It is tested for purity, potency, and for freedom from heavy metal contamination in our industry leading analytical laboratory.
Astaxanthin Plus by Prairie Naturals is a keeper!
Mother Nature’s super antioxidant trio for good vision and healthy aging! Prairie Naturals Astaxanthin Plus is a synergistic blend of three super potent, natural-source carotenoid antioxidants – Astaxanthin (from (AstaRealTM), Lutein and Zeaxanthin. These specific fat-soluble antioxidants provide the phytochemical support our bodies need to slow and ideally prevent age-related disease and deterioration. Formulated in a base of organic, extra virgin olive oil to enhance absorption, this powerful blend of fat-soluble super antioxidants prevents age-related macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, glaucoma, neuropathy, and inflammatory eye diseases. More than 500 times the antioxidant capacity of Vitamin E! This botanical trio is not only beneficial for eye health but for the whole body, too.
• The most powerful eye nutrient known!
• Promotes eye health
• Enhances healthy immunity
• Supports joint and skeletal health
• Boosts strength, stamina & endurance
• Enables faster recovery from exercise
• Protects brain & nervous system from aging
• Reduces DNA damage & premature cell death
• Neutralizes singlet oxygen type of free radicals
• Effectively scavenges free radicals from muscle tissue
• Crosses brain-retinal blood barrier & provide neuro-protection
• Provides unique membrane protection against oxidative stress
• Prevents lipid peroxidation (free radical damage) in mitochondria
• Provides the highest Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity (ORAC)*
• Acts as an anti-inflammatory to reduce the leading cause of most degenerative diseases
An antioxidant for the maintenance of good health
Astaxanthin is both a fat and water soluble antioxidant in the carotenoid family. It has been shown to have a much stronger antioxidant activity than many other types, including vitamin E, C, CoQ10 and lutein. Gandalf Astaxanthin™ is grown and manufactured without use of any solvents, pesticides, or herbicides. Naturally found in lobster, salmon, and shrimp, Gandalf Astaxanthin™ goes straight to the source with a microalgae producing the astaxanthin and providing a finished vegan product. Clinical studies to date have focused on its antioxidant properties across a wide spectrum of human health issues related to skin, eye, brain, cardiovascular, and joint health.
WRITTEN BY Leah Payne
Do you live to work, or work to live? Like it or not (especially in the sunny summer months!), many of our waking hours are spent at work. Why not make it as amazing as it can be? That’s where the topic of workplace wellness comes into play. Here are Alive Magazine’s top tips for making your workplace a place you look forward to coming to every day.
Stand up for your health
As a society, we spend way too much time sitting—and it’s so bad for our health! If your job is sedentary, you may wish to invest in a standing desk, or one that transforms from standing to sitting. You employer may be willing to cover some or all of the cost, so bring it up in conversation. Other ways to get moving at work include taking the stairs rather than the elevator, going for walking meetings with your coworkers, doing office exercises during the day, and taking any excuse to talk to your coworkers in person rather than sending emails.
Rethink your work-life balance
Creating boundaries between your personal life and your work doesn’t mean you don’t love your job; it just means that you can give yourself time to rejuvenate, relax, and spend time with loved ones. Plus, having the proper balance for you means that you’re less stressed and have more energy. Here are some simple work-life balance tips.
- Keep a log of the hours you work outside of the office.
- Discover what gives you energy.
- Know when to ask for help.
- Learn how to prioritize and delegate.
- Set hard limits on when you respond to emails outside of work.
Make time for mindfulness
Engaging in mindfulness practices, such as mediation and deep breathing, can seem at odds with the fast-paced world of deadlines, meetings, and conferences, but in reality, mindfulness can help us reduce stress, focus, and learn to be more present and productive. Want to learn how? Check out our article “Mindfulness at Work.”
Consider your surroundings
Is your workplace making you sick? Strange, but true: if you have a headache, sore throat, fatigue, and difficulty concentrating, your office building may be to blame. Ensure your office building is safe by reading up on Sick Building Syndrome.
Practise conflict resolution
Conflict resolution sounds like something reserved for couples or family members, but considering the fact that we may spend more time with our coworkers than our relatives, it’s important to strengthen these relationships, too. Read up on how to express your emotions, detox your relationships, and deal with conflict.
Gleaned from Alive Magazine Online