In 1413, as the bubonic plague decimated France, thieves were arrested for robbing dead and dying plague victims, a crime punishable by burning alive. The judge offered them leniency for their terrible crimes if they would share the secret which enabled them to expose themselves to the plague without contracting it. The thieves explained that they were perfume makers and spice merchants who were unemployed due to the closure of France’s sea ports. They had prepared a special herbal infusion which they applied to their hands, ears, feet, masks, and temples and this protected them from infection. As promised, the judge did not burn the men alive…He hanged them instead. Soon after, plague doctors began to wear beak-like masks stuffed with absorbent material soaked in the Thieves’ blend to protect them from disease.
The Thieves’ original blend, containing vinegar and garlic, was known primarily as Vinaigre de Marseille. This formula was marketed by medical suppliers as the first line of defence for hundreds of years, and has been a staple of pestilent prevention in every plague since its formulation. The rise of the modern pharmacopeia saw this staple placed in the pages of forgotten history. Marseille’s Remedy is the most traditional concentrated form of this time- honoured recipe. Its applications are numerous, as a treatment for all of life’s hygienic needs.
A Powerful, Versatile Remedy
Marseille’s Remedy is an all-natural blend of five pure, high-grade, therapeutic essential oils used to improve wellness, health, and vitality. It consists of the organic, steam-distilled oils of Cinnamon, Clove, Eucalyptus and Rosemary, plus the true cold-pressed oil of Lemon. These are sourced from Sri Lanka (the first two), Australia, France and Italy, respectively. This authentic blend naturally balances, safeguards, and synergizes (or strengthens) the healing properties of various essential oil constituents.
It can be mixed with any carrier oil for topical use, vinegar or soap for cleaning, baking soda for teeth, or used directly in a diffuser to purify air.
Its applications and usages are many, and when applied correctly, Marseille’s Remedy is a very effective antifungal, antibacterial, and antiviral treatment.
We have received many happy testimonials from customers, including in successfully treating acne, boils, warts, cold sores, and colds/coughs amongst their families, to refreshing indoor air quality, eliminating their pet’s fleas, or wiping out surface molds, among others.
- Clears phlegm and congested airways
- Relieves inflammation due to sprain/strain/rheumatoid arthritis
- Antispasmodic for symptomatic relief of digestive discomfort
- Eliminates airborne pathogens and foul odours
- Antifungal: Feet, hands, scalp, and mold remediation
- Use as hand sanitizer or all-purpose cleaner
- Can aid in the treatment and prevention of topical infectious ailments
- Deters mites, lice, worms, fleas, and mosquitoes
- Topical: Combine 2 drops of Marseilles Remedy with 40 drops of carrier oil, and massage into skin, muscles, or joints.
- Direct Inhalation: For cough and cold, apply 2 to 6 drops undiluted product to a handkerchief/tissue and inhale. Alternatively, diffuse in boiling water or in an essential oil diffuser.
- Household: Mix with soapy water, or diluted vinegar, to clean, and sanitize. Use undiluted to remediate mold around the house, or deter pests.
The Balm is like having a popular muscle rub product combined with the favorite leading chest rub, merged into one effective and all-natural ointment. It contains over 50% of the Marseille’s Thieves’ Oil blend, plus some grapeseed oil and beeswax for pleasant texture, plus a warming natural camphor, and a soothing, deeply penetrating natural menthol (peppermint oil compound).
The balm is effective for many of the aforementioned uses, but also can “stick” longer to the skin, so is better suited for continual topical treatments, such as in respiratory disorders, or for joint or muscle aches or injury areas.
Some parents have reported how quickly it acted as an expectorant to help expel their child’s chest cold, and many clients have had success treating symptoms of back or other body pain. Recurrent daily use can help the body modulate the inflammatory response, and resolve conditions more easily.
Since Marseille’s Remedy is a concentrated, undiluted pure blend, use responsibly. Avoid contact with eyes, membranes, or other sensitive body areas. Read label before using.
Have a Cheerful and Healthy Autumn and Winter!
An important principle in eating for your body type is that your diet and metabolism affect where your body stores extra fat  . Below we break down the four most common body shapes, along with the foods that are best suited for each.
1. Apple Shape
Features: Excess abdominal fat with slim arms and legs.
- Top foods: Lean proteins and dark leafy greens
- Don’t forget: Good fats from coconut oil, nuts, avocados, and eggs
- Cut back on: Starchy foods and refined carbs
- Smart tip: Keep blood sugar levels already within the normal range steady and cravings curbed
2. Pear Shape
Features: Heavy hips and thighs with a thin upper body.
- Top foods: High fibre fruits and vegetables with whole grains, such as oats, quinoa, and rice
- Don’t forget: Small portions of lean protein and good fats
- Cut back on: Dairy fats, soy, non-organic fruits and vegetables
- Smart tip: Avoid foods that may contain pesticides and growth hormones
Inverted Pyramid Shape
Features: Muscular upper body with excess chest and back fat.
- Top foods: Complex carbohydrates, such as whole grains, fresh vegetables and fibre rich fruit
- Don’t forget: Low fat dairy
- Cut back on: Dairy fats, meat, salt
- Smart tip: Avoid the afternoon energy slump
Features: Even fat distribution from head to toe.
- Top foods: Raw fruits and vegetables, whole grains, and spices
- Don’t forget: Small servings of lean protein
- Cut back on: Animal fats and refined carbohydrates
- Smart tip: Eat plenty of fibre
No matter what your body type is, you’re sure to benefit from the soluble fibre and 20 g of lean protein in each serving of *PGX Vegan Protein.
*Drink additional water (8 fl. oz.) after ingesting PGX®. If you are taking medications, take one hour prior to or two hours after taking PGX®.
 Mitchell, T. The Belly Burn Plan. Ontario: Harlequin, 2015. Print Abravanel, E. and Elizabeth King. Dr. Abravanel’s Body Type Diet and Lifetime Nutrition Plan. Bantam Books, 1999. Print.
All In One: Great Nutrition Made Easy
The summer season has come to a close and the fall is now upon us. If you’re like most, you have a renewed focus on health as you re-enter familiar routines and step up your game in preparation for cold and flu. Thankfully, with the right nutritional support, you can put up your defenses and thrive through the rest of the year.
If you want to make it easier on yourself, then consider the simple addition of an All In One formula. It’s a convenient and easy way to help protect yourself from invaders, energize your day and support your physical needs.
Our environment is full of toxic challenges that the immune system is designed to defeat. However, in order to do that well, your body needs the right ingredients. This means quality protein that can be used to build immune cells and lots of vegetables, vitamins and minerals to keep you going strong. If you’re running on a nutritional deficit, it’s only a matter of time before you get sick.
The quality of your energy is the result of the fuel that you put into your body. We all need high quality protein, carbohydrates, fats and a whole host of vitamins and minerals in order to stay energized. When you avoid processed foods, which have the power to rob your energy, and give yourself good, clean nutrition, you’ll find yourself feeling energized all day long – even without the coffee!
You live a busy life and you need the right nutritional support to rebuild your body and replace the nutrients you used up. As much as you exert yourself at the gym, home or office, you need an equal amount of renewal. The beautiful thing about an All In One powder is it offers the average body nearly all of the nutrients it needs to maintain good health.
Choose the Right All In One
There are a few options on the market, so how do you know which is best?
Try Progressive VegEssential; it has nearly 100 plant-based ingredients for unmatched nutrition and convenience to fit your life. Every serving provides 27g of Vegan Protein, 7g of Fibre, 2g of Omega-3 Plant Oils, the equivalent of 6-8 servings of
Fresh Vegetables, over 100% RDA of 13 Vitamins and Minerals, and more. Plus, it really does taste great!
If you’re serious about reaching your health goals and staying well through the cold and flu season, but struggle to fit it all into your hectic schedule, then consider adding an All In One supplement to your day. You’ll be glad you did.
Not sure how to use it? Check out this great You Tube video.
(If you want the WHEYEssential – we can special order it for you!)