Ultimate Maca Energy
Ultimate Maca Energy is made with 100% pure, traditionally sundried, natural and certified organic maca root grown exclusively in the Andean highland zones of Peru at altitudes of 14,000 ft. Ultimate Maca Energy maca root has many health benefits and scientifically tested properties. In addition to being a source of vitamins, minerals, protein, amino acids and complex carbohydrates, Ultimate Maca Energy also contains an impressive array of bioactive components and antioxidants, which are responsible for its numerous benefits.
The Various Benefits of Maca
Maca is a well-known and powerful adaptogen, which means that it is a substance that helps to increase the body’s natural resistance to environmental stresses. Recent human clinical studies have provided convincing scientific evidence supporting supplementation for healthy mood balance during menopause.
How Maca Works
Maca is loaded with vital nutrients in bioavailable forms which assist the body in its on-going process of regeneration, ultimately helping to replenish and recuperate from different problems and providing ultimate balance and wellbeing. Its actions focus mainly on the hypothalamus and pituitary glands, assisting the body in balancing hormones. This is where the main benefits associated with maca can be noted (e.g. mood balance).
Ultimate Maca Energy is certified by the Natural Agricultural U
niversity of La Molina in Peru and also by Skal. The National Agricultural University of La Molina in Peru is an independent entity funded by the government of Peru that oversees all the agricultural and related activities in different areas of the country.
Learn even more here
In 1413, as the bubonic plague decimated France, thieves were arrested for robbing dead and dying plague victims, a crime punishable by burning alive. The judge offered them leniency for their terrible crimes if they would share the secret which enabled them to expose themselves to the plague without contracting it. The thieves explained that they were perfume makers and spice merchants who were unemployed due to the closure of France’s sea ports. They had prepared a special herbal infusion which they applied to their hands, ears, feet, masks, and temples and this protected them from infection. As promised, the judge did not burn the men alive…He hanged them instead. Soon after, plague doctors began to wear beak-like masks stuffed with absorbent material soaked in the Thieves’ blend to protect them from disease.
The Thieves’ original blend, containing vinegar and garlic, was known primarily as Vinaigre de Marseille. This formula was marketed by medical suppliers as the first line of defence for hundreds of years, and has been a staple of pestilent prevention in every plague since its formulation. The rise of the modern pharmacopeia saw this staple placed in the pages of forgotten history. Marseille’s Remedy is the most traditional concentrated form of this time- honoured recipe. Its applications are numerous, as a treatment for all of life’s hygienic needs.
A Powerful, Versatile Remedy
Marseille’s Remedy is an all-natural blend of five pure, high-grade, therapeutic essential oils used to improve wellness, health, and vitality. It consists of the organic, steam-distilled oils of Cinnamon, Clove, Eucalyptus and Rosemary, plus the true cold-pressed oil of Lemon. These are sourced from Sri Lanka (the first two), Australia, France and Italy, respectively. This authentic blend naturally balances, safeguards, and synergizes (or strengthens) the healing properties of various essential oil constituents.
It can be mixed with any carrier oil for topical use, vinegar or soap for cleaning, baking soda for teeth, or used directly in a diffuser to purify air.
Its applications and usages are many, and when applied correctly, Marseille’s Remedy is a very effective antifungal, antibacterial, and antiviral treatment.
We have received many happy testimonials from customers, including in successfully treating acne, boils, warts, cold sores, and colds/coughs amongst their families, to refreshing indoor air quality, eliminating their pet’s fleas, or wiping out surface molds, among others.
- Clears phlegm and congested airways
- Relieves inflammation due to sprain/strain/rheumatoid arthritis
- Antispasmodic for symptomatic relief of digestive discomfort
- Eliminates airborne pathogens and foul odours
- Antifungal: Feet, hands, scalp, and mold remediation
- Use as hand sanitizer or all-purpose cleaner
- Can aid in the treatment and prevention of topical infectious ailments
- Deters mites, lice, worms, fleas, and mosquitoes
- Topical: Combine 2 drops of Marseilles Remedy with 40 drops of carrier oil, and massage into skin, muscles, or joints.
- Direct Inhalation: For cough and cold, apply 2 to 6 drops undiluted product to a handkerchief/tissue and inhale. Alternatively, diffuse in boiling water or in an essential oil diffuser.
- Household: Mix with soapy water, or diluted vinegar, to clean, and sanitize. Use undiluted to remediate mold around the house, or deter pests.
The Balm is like having a popular muscle rub product combined with the favorite leading chest rub, merged into one effective and all-natural ointment. It contains over 50% of the Marseille’s Thieves’ Oil blend, plus some grapeseed oil and beeswax for pleasant texture, plus a warming natural camphor, and a soothing, deeply penetrating natural menthol (peppermint oil compound).
The balm is effective for many of the aforementioned uses, but also can “stick” longer to the skin, so is better suited for continual topical treatments, such as in respiratory disorders, or for joint or muscle aches or injury areas.
Some parents have reported how quickly it acted as an expectorant to help expel their child’s chest cold, and many clients have had success treating symptoms of back or other body pain. Recurrent daily use can help the body modulate the inflammatory response, and resolve conditions more easily.
Since Marseille’s Remedy is a concentrated, undiluted pure blend, use responsibly. Avoid contact with eyes, membranes, or other sensitive body areas. Read label before using.
Have a Cheerful and Healthy Autumn and Winter!
Getting ready to get back to the routine that comes with fall around the corner starts us thinking about making healthier choices. We at the OG are thinking about healthier alternatives as well as our children prep to head back to school. We’re starting to think about getting back to the gym too. Plus there’s all the new sports teams coming up this year!
Phew! It can be overwhelming before it even begins! To help you get organized – and stay calm – we’ve pulled together a list of some of our favourite Back-to-Routine blogs worth revisiting!
- Need Energy? Zip Fuel quickly and safely boosts energy for people of all ages and fitness levels. This tasty beverage boosts the mind, supports the muscles, and provides energy for all those Back to School Activities & Sports (or maybe just getting back to the gym!) Check out Zip Fuel here.
- DHA & Fish Oils are essential for Brain & Eye Health as well as for stabilizing mood (Think ADD, ADHD, Anxiety, Depression, Stress – they all benefit from high quality high dose Omega 3 supplementation). This is really one of those every day for everyone supplements – because literally every cell in your body is made of Omega 3 oils! DHA, supports healthy brain, eye and nerve function in all humans so it’s ideal for expecting and nursing mothers, toddlers and anyone who needs extra brain or eye support. Did you know that over 90% of the omega-3 in the brain and retina is in the form of DHA?
Omega3 fatty acids are crucial for childhood brain development which lays the foundation for learning, behaviour, attention span, mental focus, and mood. Studies have also shown omega-3 fatty acid to be effective for treatment of childhood ADHD.
- Food Allergies in the classroom are a daily concern in the modern classroom – and even some work places. If you have been wondering whether peanut allergies are more common these days, you are indeed correct. Peanut allergies in children more than tripled between 1997 and 2008 in the U.S, presently affecting more than 400,000 children! Learn how to prevent food allergies here.
- Natural Care to get Embarrassing Acne under control before school starts: Every year all of the normal preparation might not be enough to make some kids feel ready for new friends, memories and adventures. If they have acne or other skin problems some kids can be really embarrassed and self-conscious! Learn about the top skin care tips, tricks, and products that can help achieve a clearer complexion in time to head back to school.
- Keeping Sugar Cravings Under Control and Out of the Classroom: The problem is that clearly we, here in Canada, are rarely facing famine. And in fact we often take in a heap more calories than we really need, given the energy we use up (especially sitting quietly at school desks!) We no longer have to fight or dig for our food. The closest we get to burning up energy running after our food is chasing the ice cream van down the street! Learn ways to comfortably and healthfully reduce sugar and sugar cravings in this article.
- Tips for Getting Nourishing Foods into picky eaters: The summer days of s’mores, endless barbeques and ice cream cones are quickly fading as autumn ushers in back-to-school as well as intentions for setting good habits for the year ahead. This time of year tends to mean a return to less-frivolous eating and a renewed focus on better nutrition all around. Even with an apple in every lunch box, a surprising amount of children aren’t hitting their daily requirements for fruit and vegetable consumption! Get some ideas in this article to sneak a few more fruits and veggies into your kids’ lunches – and maybe you’ll learn a few things for your own lunches!
- Tips for Enhancing Mindfulness Naturally: Everyone needs a little calm in their life – children are no different! Learn the value of mindfulness in this article – and learn to be mindful along side your children.
Every year, preparing for a new school year, students go shopping and pick out their back to school wardrobes complete with new shoes and accessories. However, all of this preparation might not be enough to make them feel ready for new friends, memories and adventures if they have acne or other skin problems. Continue reading to learn about the top skin care tips, tricks, and products that can help achieve a clearer complexion in time to head back to school.
- Get Plenty of Sleep
Sleep deprivation causes skin to lose circulation, and studies show that stress levels increase about 14 percent for every lost hour of sleep per night. As stress is one of the main causes of acne, it’s crucial to get at least 8 hours of sleep every night. Using a sleeping mask or listening to some relaxation music can help those who have a hard time falling asleep.
- Drink Plenty of Water
Drinking more water is one of the best changes students can make in their lives when attempting to clear up their skin. Water clears internal toxins out of people’s bodies and helps provide fresh oxygen to skin cells. Drinking more water also makes skin glow while hydrating it from the inside. Water does not always have to be plain in order to achieve its skin clearing benefits. For a change try some fruit-infused water.
- Start an Exercise Program
Exercise is a great lifestyle choice; it reduces stress and the acne that comes along with it. There are so many outdoor options if you don’t want to join a gym or exercise at home, and summer is a perfect time for it!
- Wash Thoroughly and Remove All makeup
Wash the face daily to keep the skin healthy and clear. The best times would be in the morning when first waking up and at night right before bed. While washing with a quality face wash designed for acne prone skin, make sure to wash off all makeup since old, piled up makeup clogs pores, leading to acne. Mild makeup remover also assists in thoroughly cleansing the skin.
Note: when choosing skin care products, it’s very important to read the ingredients list and stay away from Parabens, Sodium Lauryl (or Laureth) Sulfate, PEG, DEA, or artificial dies or fragrances. Keep to natural ingredients!
- Practice Face Exfoliation
Students who seek fresh and clear skin for going back to school should strive to get into the habit of exfoliating their faces. The main benefit of exfoliation is that it removes all of the old dead skin cells, dirt, oil, and makeup, clearing out the pores, shrinking them and preventing black heads. Try Viva Health’s Amaze Exfoliating Gel for a soft, fresh and glowing skin.
(hint: it’s cheaper in store than on line!)
- Finish with The Best Natural Treatment
DermaMed Acne Prone Skin Gel has proven useful in clearing acne-prone skin for people of all ages including students who are trying to get their skin clear for going back to school. Containing Tea Tree Essential Oil, Rose Hip Oil, Aloe Vera, Vitamins A & E and Salicylic Acid, it unclogs pores, which leads to a reduction in the amount of acne outbreaks; reduces redness and swelling; dries and helps clear up acne, and prevents new acne from forming.
Gleaned from: July 27, 2016 DermaMed Pharmaceutical Inc.
CLEAN, GRASS FED PROTEIN!
The milk for fermented GREEK YOGURT proteins+, is sourced from a California Dairy farm that is highly conscious of, and committed to ethical and sustainable practices. The cows are raised, pastured and farmed in California, producing the milk used to make fermented GREEK YOGURT proteins+, a grass fed dairy, free from: Gluten, Soy , GMO’s, hormones, and antibiotics.
Acne, period problems, ovarian and breast cysts, uterine fibroids, endometriosis, PMS and more are telling you your hormones are out of balance. ESTROsmart balances hormones using safe plant nutrients that make periods effortless whether you have heavy, long, scant, painful or irregular periods. ESTROsmart stops abnormal cell growth associated with uterine fibroids and polyps: breast lumps and ovarian cysts. ESTROsmart is a girl’s best friend eliminating acne and PMS. ESTROsmart brings your estrogen back into the normal range and elevates progesterone naturally. ESTROsmart is for, every woman every day, to make hormone problems become a thing of the past.
Stop Hot Flashes and Night Sweats
Smart women want to stop hot flashes and night sweats quickly and safely and that is why they have shied away from hormone replacement therapy (HRT) and estrogenic therapies. MENOsmart plus is a fast acting effective treatment that eliminates hot flashes, night sweats and mood swings. MENOsmart plus contains non-estrogenic ingredients including sage, black cohosh, dong quai, gamma oryzanol, vitex and hesperidin to provide rapid relief of menopausal symptoms. Black cohosh is so safe that it has been used in women with estrogen-receptor positive breast cancer who were taking the drug Tamoxifen. Vitex, another herb in MENOsmart plus, helps to enhance progesterone levels and reduces male facial hair growth in menopausal women. If you using HRT (synthetic or bioidentical) and still get hot flashes and night sweats, take MENOsmart plus along with your HRT to ensure that you never have to suffer again.
Reverse Low thyroid, Stop Weight Gain and Constipation
Low thyroid affects 23% of Canadians. And another 30% have not been diagnosed due to problems with the Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH) test. The common symptoms of low thyroid include: weight gain and stubborn weight loss, cold hands and feet, dry skin, hair loss, constipation, low mood, no sex drive and irritability. THYROsmart licensed by Health Canada to support low thyroid works quickly to bring your TSH back into the normal range, increase T4 and improve the conversion of T4 to the more potent T3. Low thyroid makes you feel like you are pushing yourself through the day. THYROsmart is safe and effective and works fast to optimize thyroid health.
Conquer Stress, Improve Sleep and Boost Energy
Chronic stress negatively affects the adrenal glands causing adrenal exhaustion. In women who are going through menopause the adrenals are the back-up hormone system making estrogen, progesterone, DHEA and testosterone. Women who have good functioning adrenals have virtually no menopause symptoms. And if your adrenals are tired you just can’t handle stress, you develop belly fat weight gain, you fall asleep fine but wake up several hours later and can’t fall back to sleep and you need coffee to keep you going. The answer to adrenal exhaustion is ADRENAsmart. ADRENAsmart, is a powerful herbal formula that makes you feel calm and relaxed, aids insomnia and helps you deal with life’s stressors.
Buy any two Lorna products and get An A-Z Woman’s Guide to Vibrant Health FREE ($14.95 value) while quantities last.