Buy Online, Local Delivery or Curbside Pickup
Spaghetti Squash Carbonara
You won't miss pasta with this dish! The spaghetti squash makes the perfect noodle, and soaks up all the creamy garlic goodness of the sauce. We've adapted this recipe from the Keto•genesis Cookbook. It's full of healthy fats and low in carbs!
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup bacon, chopped
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1/2 tsp. salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp. white or black ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. parsley
- 1/2 tsp. Worcester sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Trim off the stem and remove seeds. Place each half cut-side down on a sheet pan. Add ½ inch water and cover with foil. Bake for 40 minutes until tender. Cool.
- Using a fork, scrape squash from its shell and separate the strands. They should look like spaghetti. This step can be done ahead of time.
- Set the cream in a small pot and reduce to half over low heat. Stir regularly to prevent burning. This will take about 30 minutes.
- Using a large heavy saucepan, begin to cook the bacon. When it is about 1/2 cooked, add onions and continue until 3/4 way done. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant. Deglaze with white wine, and reduce to half.
- Add the spaghetti squash and heat through.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, grated Parmesan and seasonings.
- Take the squash mixture off the heat. Pour the reduced cream over the squash, toss, then add the cheese mixture. Toss again until the squash is evenly coated.
- Serve immediately.
- Tip: The heat retained in the squash will cook the egg mixture without overheating it.