This is a guest post written by Erica Streick, CNP from Organika's Blog
These gluten free vegan protein balls are a great way to get a kick of energy during you midday slump without overloading on processed sugars and empty calories. The cacao nibs add a nice crunch while providing high amounts of antioxidants like polyphenols, which are great for anti-aging and cardiovascular health. This snack is fiber rich making it great for blood sugar regulation, colon health, as well as keeping you satiated for longer. I added a scoop of Organika® Vege Pro plant-based protein powder
to offer 21g of plant-based protein. This protein has a unique blend of 8 medicinal mushrooms containing adaptogenic and immune-modulating properties to give your immune system a boost. Not only are these energy balls full of nutrients but they taste like a treat and satisfy any sweet cravings you may have. I make these ahead of time and keep them in the freezer since they are great for work, pre workout snacks and sweet cravings alike!
Chocolate Protein Balls
- 1 scoop of Organika® Vege Pro
- 1/4 cup organic gluten free oats
- 1/2 cup organic nut butter of choice (pecan butter is amazing)
- 5 organic medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tbsp organic cacao powder
- 1 tbsp organic cacao nibs
- 2 tbsp water (if required)
- Place all of the ingredients into a food processor or high speed blender, and blend until the mixture becomes a dough-like consistency.
- Roll the dough in 1-inch balls and place in a container in the fridge or freezer.