18 Dec 6 Things to Look For When Buying A Probiotic
Probiotics can help seed your gut with healthy and hearty bacteria that benefit you in so many ways – from helping your digestion to bolstering your immune system. Let these 6 factors be your guide in selecting a quality probiotic:
#1 Multiple Strains
Different strains of bacteria provide different benefits to the body. Studies have shown that multi-strain probiotics are more effective than single-strain probiotics!
#2 Balanced Formula
Many formulas rely heavily on one or two strains of bacteria. Instead, seek out a balanced multi-strain formula, including lactobacillus, bifidobacterium and lactococcus strains.
#3 Potency, CFU and Guarantee
CFU stands for colony forming units, and is the measure of how potent a probiotic is. Look for a probiotic that guarantees CFU at expiry.
Many probiotics on the market can contain common allergens. Be sure your probiotic is labelled as free from GMOs and ingredients like gluten, dairy, soy and corn.
Lookout for a vegan delayed-release capsule – the probiotics will get released where they need to go without the risk of plasticizers and phthalates sometimes found in enteric-coating.
#6 Packaging and Shelf Stability
Each time the bottle is opened, probiotics get exposed to humidity and air, which degrades them over time. A better option is a blister pack, providing a protective barrier for each capsule.
Genuine Health spent a lot of time creating advanced gut health probiotics so they would make a difference in how you feel:
- Crafted with 15 balanced strains of probiotic bacteria with an ample CFU
- Strains are triple cleaned to ensure that only the heartiest remain
- Encapsulated in a delayed-release, plastic-free capsule that’s been shown to deliver up to 10x the bacteria to the gut
- Shelf stable and packed in a humidity-resistant blister pack
- Vegan and free of allergens like gluten, wheat,dairy, nuts, fish, eggs and sulphites