Healthy skin is of vital importance to enjoy life to the fullest. Treated with care, it will always look great. Even during stressful, worrisome or emotional times, it is important to try to maintain a healthy mind in a healthy body.
Skin is often a clear indicator of an unbalanced diet. It is said that, after the stomach, the skin is the part of the body we neglect most. Too often, we are oblivious to its warnings.
Here are 12 tips to help you keep your skin healthy
- Protect your skin from the sun. Its rays can produce free radicals, which break down collagen and elastin, causing the skin to age prematurely.
- Don’t smoke. Smoking tightens blood vessels, which deprives cells of oxygen and nutrients, reducing the skin’s elasticity.
- Drink water! Aim to down at least 1.5 litres of water a day. You can add Molkosan to your water to improve digestion and maintain healthy intestinal flora. This leads to young-looking, beautiful and radiant skin.
- Move! Exercise frequently to ensure proper oxygenation.
- Get enough sleep. Skin regenerates at night, and fatigue has an effect on its appearance. Dark circles and redness may appear, and skin becomes dry and loses its brightness.
- Reduce coffee and alcohol consumption. Drinking a lot of coffee and/or alcohol is terrible for your skin. Pores become enlarged, allowing more impurities to get into the skin.
- Avoid stressful situations. They will damage your skin. Skin cells are sensitive to stress, as many of them have receptors that respond to stress hormones. When these hormones are released, blood vessels tighten, and the skin is not nourished as well.
- Be sure to wash your face. Always remove your makeup before going to bed.
- Do not stay in the bath or shower too long. Water depletes the salts in the skin, which makes it difficult for the skin to retain the water molecules. As a result, skin feels dry and rough.
- Eat a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables. Raw is best, but you can also reduce cooking time as much as possible. When vegetables are cooked for a long time at high temperatures, they lose a lot of their vitamins.
- Choose whole grain cereals and brown rice.
- Limit your intake of animal fats. Opt for oils rich in polyunsaturated fats like sunflower or soybean oil. An omega-3 supplement is also worth considering.
Help your skin stay healthy, and for an extra boost, look into A.Vogel face and body creams made with fresh plants!
Don’t forget – Buy 2 A.Vogel products, receive an Essential Beauty for FREE – while supplies last