Got left over turkey after the Thanksgiving festivities? Make Soup! Here’s a fresh new recipe – we can’t wait to try it!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5-7 organic garlic cloves, finely minced
- 4 large organic carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 large organic white or yellow onions, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 organic celery stalks, sliced
- 2 organic red bell peppers, seeds and stem removed, diced
- 32 ounces organic chicken stock
- 8 cups alkaline water (or more)
- 1 teaspoon Splendor Garden poultry seasoning
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups shredded turkey or chicken
- 20 ounces cheese tortellini
- 3 ounces fresh organic spinach leaves
- In a large pot over medium heat, sauté the olive oil, garlic, carrots, onions, celery and bell peppers together until almost tender.
- Add in the chicken stalk, water, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper and bring to a low boil for 10 minutes.
- Add in the chicken and tortellini and boil for 9 minutes.
- In the last minute, add in the spinach.
- Serve warm.
Servings: 8-10 servings
Note: You can half the recipe for 3-5 servings.
Thanks to Splendor Garden for sharing this recipe with us!