Getting ready to get back to the routine that comes with fall around the corner starts us thinking about making healthier choices. We at the OG are thinking about healthier alternatives as well as our children prep to head back to school. We’re starting to think about getting back to the gym too. Plus there’s all the new sports teams coming up this year!
Phew! It can be overwhelming before it even begins! To help you get organized – and stay calm – we’ve pulled together a list of some of our favourite Back-to-Routine blogs worth revisiting!
- Need Energy? Zip Fuel quickly and safely boosts energy for people of all ages and fitness levels. This tasty beverage boosts the mind, supports the muscles, and provides energy for all those Back to School Activities & Sports (or maybe just getting back to the gym!) Check out Zip Fuel here.
- DHA & Fish Oils are essential for Brain & Eye Health as well as for stabilizing mood (Think ADD, ADHD, Anxiety, Depression, Stress – they all benefit from high quality high dose Omega 3 supplementation). This is really one of those every day for everyone supplements – because literally every cell in your body is made of Omega 3 oils! DHA, supports healthy brain, eye and nerve function in all humans so it’s ideal for expecting and nursing mothers, toddlers and anyone who needs extra brain or eye support. Did you know that over 90% of the omega-3 in the brain and retina is in the form of DHA?
Omega3 fatty acids are crucial for childhood brain development which lays the foundation for learning, behaviour, attention span, mental focus, and mood. Studies have also shown omega-3 fatty acid to be effective for treatment of childhood ADHD.
- Food Allergies in the classroom are a daily concern in the modern classroom – and even some work places. If you have been wondering whether peanut allergies are more common these days, you are indeed correct. Peanut allergies in children more than tripled between 1997 and 2008 in the U.S, presently affecting more than 400,000 children! Learn how to prevent food allergies here.
- Natural Care to get Embarrassing Acne under control before school starts: Every year all of the normal preparation might not be enough to make some kids feel ready for new friends, memories and adventures. If they have acne or other skin problems some kids can be really embarrassed and self-conscious! Learn about the top skin care tips, tricks, and products that can help achieve a clearer complexion in time to head back to school.
- Keeping Sugar Cravings Under Control and Out of the Classroom: The problem is that clearly we, here in Canada, are rarely facing famine. And in fact we often take in a heap more calories than we really need, given the energy we use up (especially sitting quietly at school desks!) We no longer have to fight or dig for our food. The closest we get to burning up energy running after our food is chasing the ice cream van down the street! Learn ways to comfortably and healthfully reduce sugar and sugar cravings in this article.
- Tips for Getting Nourishing Foods into picky eaters: The summer days of s’mores, endless barbeques and ice cream cones are quickly fading as autumn ushers in back-to-school as well as intentions for setting good habits for the year ahead. This time of year tends to mean a return to less-frivolous eating and a renewed focus on better nutrition all around. Even with an apple in every lunch box, a surprising amount of children aren’t hitting their daily requirements for fruit and vegetable consumption! Get some ideas in this article to sneak a few more fruits and veggies into your kids’ lunches – and maybe you’ll learn a few things for your own lunches!
- Tips for Enhancing Mindfulness Naturally: Everyone needs a little calm in their life – children are no different! Learn the value of mindfulness in this article – and learn to be mindful along side your children.